Advice on buying a new racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by leezzy, Aug 31, 2012.

1. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    HI THERE !

I need some advice/suggestions before I buy a new racket. My starter racket was a 3U nanospeed 100, moved on to a nanospeed 9900 after a year(got the 9900 for my birthday).I didn't know a lot about badminton back then and I thought that all rackets were the same. I did some research and found that there was a lot more than I thought in badminton. I dislike the 100 because of the flex shaft and didnt play well with the 9900 as it was a little weak. I played with my friend's n90 and I found out my smash were a lot more powerful but was a little slow around the court compared to my 9900.:crying:

I'm an aggresive power player. I like tiring out my opponents and do a lot of trick shots.

I'm eyeing on lining rackets like the n60,n80,n36 or probably the n90II. My budget is SGD400.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    when you say the ns9900 was a little weak, i think you meant to say that you're not strong enough to smash hard with the ns9900. i've seen people smash so hard with the ns9900 that it literally deformed the cork. that said, you probably want more help from the racket. the n90 in my opinion is a balance heavy racket. that's why you smash well, but sluggish around the court. it would better if you get a light racket, but head heavy balance like voltric or armortec from yonex. superwave or meteor or even bravesword from victor. most of those rackets are lighter than the n90, but the weight distribution is toward the frame. so while you hold your racket close to the cone while playing fast, you'll be able to react a bit quicker. but when you want to smash down a heavy shot, you can hold it close to the butt of the handle. combined with the head heaviness, you should get a decent smash. :)