Help choosing an all-round beginner racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Eas85, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Eas85

Eas85 New Member

Hi all,

A bit of history, been playing badminton for about 5 months now, initially spent a meager £5 on my racket at a local sports shop just to get started. The grip has now gone so I need a new one, stumbled around on the site below for a bit and was about to buy this racket, simply because it was marked down from £220 to £27.99, then I had a look at the reviews for Browning and stumbled across this forum.

http://www.racketworld.co.uk/product/RW00138/Browning+NanoTec+CTi+90+Badminton+Racket

A
    s per the stickey in this forum.

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you? I'm getting serious, initially played once a week now upped it to twice a week, so not that serious, but getting into it.
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...) Hmm, not really got a style yet I think, in singles i'm mostly at the net, but in doubles I'm at the back.
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance? Durability I guess would be better due to the grip going in my last racket, I want it to last a bit longer.
    4. How much money do you want to spend? I think no more than £30

So, will probably be buying from this website, from what I've said above, can anyone recommend a decent all-round racket for a beginner?

http://www.racketworld.co.uk/category/Badminton+Racket

2. Eas85

Eas85 New Member

3. Snowcrash

Snowcrash Regular Member

I would have recommended nanospeed 100 based on your budget.

4. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    im not sure if you can get a yonex racket with that budget....
    but i would suggest you to try other brand like apacs, fleet, head, babolat, browning and RSL....
    they made some decent racket with cheaper price than the elite brands like yonex and li ning....

5. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

i think replacement grips are very cheap.. if your wooried about the grip durability