User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 23
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Head-heaviness Kason C7 vs AT900 / VT80

    I am considering buying a Kason C7 but I was wondering how its head heaviness compares to other yonex rackets. I have a Voltric 5, which is head heavier than Voltric 70. Would the C7 be between VT70 and VT80 for head-heaviness? Perhaps close to one or both of the AT900?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,177
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing has the head-heavy feel of the Yonex' Voltric or Armortecs, where it feels like most of the weight is at 12 o'clock. The C7 does, but it's a fairly mild head-heaviness comparatively, with a BP around 305. Haven't tried the VT5 and it's been ages since I swung a VT70 so I can't really make a direct back-to-back comparison of those, but I think they're all over 310.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dont think C7 is head heavier than VT5...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Nothing has the head-heavy feel of the Yonex' Voltric or Armortecs, where it feels like most of the weight is at 12 o'clock. The C7 does, but it's a fairly mild head-heaviness comparatively, with a BP around 305. Haven't tried the VT5 and it's been ages since I swung a VT70 so I can't really make a direct back-to-back comparison of those, but I think they're all over 310.
    my VT70's BP is 300mm....
    if you say C7 is 305mm, then it's between VT70 and VT80....
    VT5 is a little bit heavier than VT70, so maybe C7 just about the same as VT5.....

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,

    How about the flex of the c7 compare to voltric 70?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,177
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnersfan View Post
    my VT70's BP is 300mm....
    if you say C7 is 305mm, then it's between VT70 and VT80....
    VT5 is a little bit heavier than VT70, so maybe C7 just about the same as VT5.....
    No, the Voltric 80 feels significantly head heavier than the C7. Part of what makes the C7 feel head heavier than what it really is, is the pendulum effect of the not-so-stiff shaft.

    I have two rackets here that are both hovering in the 305 region, one is slightly more stiff than the C7 and the other is significantly stiffer, and they both feel very very different to the C7 despite having the same BP.

    The big issue I had with the C7 is it's lack of torsional stability. Off-centre shots and reflexive defensive shots just die or fly off course. If you don't hit the sweetspot with the C7 every single time the quality of the shots die off very quickly. It's very unforgiving. And despite it's big ISO head has quite a small sweetspot, too.

    In all honestly, as I've mentioned a few times the Kason TSF500 is a much better and much crisper racket than the C7. It's better in every way, and the extra 5mm in BP of the C7 just doesn't translate into overhead power. It's kind of like a Victor MX70 except with much better tactility.

    The problem with the market at the moment is that there is hardly any rackets being made in the 300-310 range. The new Victor Thruster TK8000 I think is (just), and the new Adidas AdiZero Pro is as well (but not yet available), but aside from that, offerings are very thin on the ground.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpo View Post
    Hi,

    How about the flex of the c7 compare to voltric 70?
    I would say the C7 is stiffer than the VT70.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    I would say the C7 is stiffer than the VT70.
    thanx for your info.

    i'm looking for an offensive medium flex racket, i thought of the vt70 and the rsl x7 silver.
    Have you tried the x7 silver? or do you have other racket to recommand?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope sorry, only familiar with major brands . I see you've been posting around asking many questions, what exactly are you looking for? as in what kind of racket do you want.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    Nope sorry, only familiar with major brands . I see you've been posting around asking many questions, what exactly are you looking for? as in what kind of racket do you want.
    i have a 4u VT80 and 3u arcsaber 10, i mainly play double, i find the vt80 a bit too head heavy, shaft a little bit too stiff and the arcsaber 10 shaft too stiff and head not heavy enough.
    that's why i thought of the 3u VT70 which is slightly head heavy and flex shaft.
    Then what would you recommand in Li Ning?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpo View Post
    i have a 4u VT80 and 3u arcsaber 10, i mainly play double, i find the vt80 a bit too head heavy, shaft a little bit too stiff and the arcsaber 10 shaft too stiff and head not heavy enough.
    that's why i thought of the 3u VT70 which is slightly head heavy and flex shaft.
    Then what would you recommand in Li Ning?
    A 3U VT70 would be great for you in this case. It's definitely easier to use compared to the VT80, and imo is easier to generate power from compared to the 3U arc10. But it feels a little too light for me.

    Li Ning.. I only know 4 rackets, I definitely wouldn't recommend something like N90 for very fast doubles play but it's possible. Probably the N50ii, mid-flex and a little head heavy, used by fu hai feng before he switched to the F9.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    A 3U VT70 would be great for you in this case. It's definitely easier to use compared to the VT80, and imo is easier to generate power from compared to the 3U arc10. But it feels a little too light for me.

    Li Ning.. I only know 4 rackets, I definitely wouldn't recommend something like N90 for very fast doubles play but it's possible. Probably the N50ii, mid-flex and a little head heavy, used by fu hai feng before he switched to the F9.
    thx for your recommandation but how's the n50 ii compare the vt70 which one is more head heavy and which one has a flexier shaft?
    by the way have you tried the F9? if yes how different is it from the n50ii?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    A 3U VT70 would be great for you in this case. It's definitely easier to use compared to the VT80, and imo is easier to generate power from compared to the 3U arc10. But it feels a little too light for me.

    Li Ning.. I only know 4 rackets, I definitely wouldn't recommend something like N90 for very fast doubles play but it's possible. Probably the N50ii, mid-flex and a little head heavy, used by fu hai feng before he switched to the F9.
    i was looking at the li ning n70 ii, in their catalogue n70 ii and the n50 ii has exactly the same specs.
    you know what's the difference?

  14. #14
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't say for the n70ii, no experience with that. VT70 is head heavier and stiffer than the n50ii, but depends on how you swing can somehow make them the same in terms of power. I don't usually discuss these because there are variation's in the strings used and an individual's technique and preference.

    My main racket now is the F9, feels better than n50ii for me but can't really tell the difference. It is after all made for fu hai feng.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    Can't say for the n70ii, no experience with that. VT70 is head heavier and stiffer than the n50ii, but depends on how you swing can somehow make them the same in terms of power. I don't usually discuss these because there are variation's in the strings used and an individual's technique and preference.

    My main racket now is the F9, feels better than n50ii for me but can't really tell the difference. It is after all made for fu hai feng.
    yes, i understand. i usually use bg66 ultimax, i think it's powerful but recently i tried the ng99 control i think it's much easier to produce power but at full swing and power it can't produce as much as the bg66 ultimax.

    so the vt 70 is stiffer and head heavier than the f9? So it's more powerful than the F9 or which one is easier to produce power? which one is more forgiving?

  16. #16
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I string all my rackets mostly with BG66-UM as well @ 25lbs (tried a few NBG and VS-850 too). First of all I think we are a little off the main topic but it's an old thread.

    Specification and initial feel wise yes, that's the VT70. But for me, the F9 generates more power for me, somehow it just feels there's this extra head weight focused on the head (similarly I don't discuss things about balance point) and coupled with the mid-flex, it's actually easier to generate power with the F9. The F9 is more forgiving than the VT70, larger sweetspot overall. I read that the F9 is more for arm swinging player rather than wrist player, it could a reason.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    interesting, thx for your info. i think i'll give the F9 a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •