Law 13.2.2

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by mobin2012, Sep 3, 2012.

1. mobin2012

mobin2012 Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    Folks,

would you please explain for me the meaning of this law? or if you have a movie i would be very grateful

Law 13.2.2 " ...It shall be a ‘fault’ if, in service, the shuttle after passing over the net, is caught in the net.."

what does exactly this mean?

as far as i understand, It means after you give your serve , shuttle, throughout its way after passing the net touch the edge of the net it is fault. it does not matter whether it lands on the serve area or not...!does this mean that even if my service is fine but the shuttle touches the net then it`s fault?

I`m confused..!!! Please help...

Really appreciate,

2. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

It means that, during a service, you serve the bird, it rolls over the net, but then gets caught in the net and remains stuck, it's a fault.

And it's common sense as to why it's a fault, because if the net wasn't there, the shuttle wouldn't have reached the service line anyways.

mobin2012 likes this.
  3. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

Yep, the shuttle can touch the tape without being a fault.

However (just to confuse everyone), if the shuttle gets stuck on the tape during open play (i.e. after the receiving shot), it's a let.

mobin2012 likes this.
  4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

In open play it is only if the shuttle get stuck on the opposing side of the tape from which the shuttle was played, If you play it and it gets stuck on your side it is still a fault. I think this is why they wrote this service rule in this way, to cover this question for service.

mobin2012 likes this.
  5. Erik L.

Erik L. Regular Member

professor
    I have been involved in matches more than once where the shuttle was caught on top of the net upside down with the feathers stuck around the tape. I never saw this with a service, only during a rally.
    In cases like thuis you play a let. When it happens wit a service, it is a fault.

mobin2012 likes this.