Smash racket advice. Voltric ZF/N90/SW35/Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by leezzy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    HI, I'm looking for powerful,very stiff,head heavy rackets from the big three companies. I'm an intermediate player, Aggressive smasher type,good at defending. I play singles and play twice a week.

My current racket is a Nanospeed 9900. I'm looking for a more powerful racket than this. I also want a racket that is very durable.

I'm thinking voltric zf/n90/sw35/voltric 80. Any opinions on these ?

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Can't go wrong with voltric80 - perfect for smashing but also relatively fast for defense (but not as fast as your current racket)

Don't know how they compare on durability though as I have never broken one but I can tell you that the paint will chip off if you clash rackets or smash the floor

3. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    Wow, a fast and power racket, noted! For how long have you been playing your vt80? I've played my 9900 for two years, lots of paint chips on the racket from defending a smash and clashes with the floor, haven't broke. I hope the voltric 80 won't break when I play with it.

4. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I've only been using the vt80 for 4 month but have plenty of paint chips from clashes with doubles partner and floor.

I think the rackets will be more prone to breaking after clashes if you have it strung at very high tension, I only have mine at 24lb but maybe if you string at 30lb or something then the frame might break after a clash.

5. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

You could also consider the mx80 or ms70. Very stiff (mx70 is a bit more flexible), so to unleash power you will need great technique. It is excellent at defence (better than vt80 imo, although only a few hours exp with vt80). the VT80 might provide a bit more power, but the mx80 will provide less compromise in defence.

And after owning it for over a month with numerous (20+) clashes/hard frame hits, the paint looks brand new :D

6. mysteryman592

mysteryman592 Regular Member

IT
    I would say go for VT80 I have used it for over a year and its my favorite racket. I have 5 of them. I had 3 first but one of then had lots of "sticker" chips. I have had some major major clashes but only one really took the paint off and the frame held up very well and sometime hit the ground to by accident and all of my VT80s still fine. But you have to consider how hard a clash is if some one hits your racket at full power no racket will last, you know. But I still love my VT80 great for power, speed, deference, attacking, and durability. But i kinda find the VT80 light after using it for so long lol.

I have used the Voltric Z force and I love it, but only for the power, it feels good when you smash but defense is hard, but over time you can play with it very well once you get use to it. I used the 3U version by the way, i know lots of people use 4U. I find the 4U version the the z force the same to the 3U of the VT80

7. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    Yeah no doubt high tensions will break your racket. I have mine at 24 too. Voltric 80 looks promising , I wish I can try it out though.

8. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the opinion. My singles partner uses the MX80, he says its stiff and it feels as stiff as my 9900. I tried the mx80 on court, it has a good swing speed and definitely packs a punch but I dont want to play with the same racket as my partner lol. I'd like to see how the voltric80 would compare to his mx80.

Agree on the durability of the mx80, it sure lasts long. The paint job is also a plus for me.

9. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    Wow 5 of them, the voltric 80 must be very good.Yonex says that the voltric80 has the 'thinnest shaft ever', but don't you think that it would be more prone to breaking when the shaft bends?

Based on your review, the smash power of the voltric z force is better than the voltric80 but I surely wouldn't want to risk my defense just for power. I think the vt80 would suit me.

10. mysteryman592

mysteryman592 Regular Member

IT
    Yes I had that concern with my first VT80 but when i really started to get use to the smashes (probably also bc i was trying different strings that i needed to get use to it) and started smashing hard, my concerns stopped. It might be thin but its strong! maybe over a couple of years it might break but for now I have no concern of it breaking.

The smash power of the z force is a bit more powerful then the vt80 but its all about getting use to it. Like i had a NS8000 before and I switched to VT80 it was hard to defend but it takes time to get use to it. But since i have tried both I still recommend the VT80 as Z-force feels way too head heavy for my style. VT80 is prefect for me. I also use the AT700PR

11. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    all the rackets above will never go wrong to hammer your opponents.
    the question u need to ask is how strong your arm and stamina to continue to smash ?
    are you ready to handle them before they handle you and dry your energy..

i am not surprise many ppl buy ZF and even 4U but still sold it off just bcoz its to hectic to handle it.
    Its a demanding racket when u using these heavy head hammers...

my rank for hammering level as below
    zf > VT80 >sw35 = N90i >n90ii

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    just curious, r ur ratings just by smashing level or overall general performance?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

i'm guessing neither... he did mention "hammering level" :p

14. leezzy

leezzy Regular Member

Student
    Agree. Being a singles player, stamina and arm strength are important factors. I play well with ns9900 and since it will be the first time buying a head heavy racket, I wouldn't want the rackets to affect my game badly but instead, increase my game play than the ns9900.

Based on your opinion on the smash power, I'll probably narrow down my choices to voltric zf or voltric 80.

15. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Personally I feel that the z force is more powerful then the voltric 80 and easier on the arm to defend with (maybe the slightly smaller head) but I still pick the voltric 80 over the z force simply because it just feels so much nicer. Also has a bigger head so now I just hit outside the sweetspot instead of outside the frame. ;)

16. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    [

Based on your opinion on the smash power, I'll probably narrow down my choices to voltric zf or voltric 80.[/QUOTE]

Bro,
    Coming from ns9900 to zf was a very huge step.
    Go for asrcb 10 than slowly moving to vt or zf.
    I dont wan to dissapoint u by seeing u selling ur zf over the forum later on

17. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    Zf is powerful for hammering without a solid arm u will ve tough times using it for defend.
    Defend n smashing r two very diff skills n strength...

18. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Sorry double post

19. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

If you want a similar racket, grab the Mx JJS or MX london. Pretty similar to the MX80 (a bit less stiff i think) and you won't have the same racket as your partner

20. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I would go for the SW35, because in my area you can get two SW35 for the price of one ZF,VT80, N90,N90II.
    Also for warranty reasons I would go for the Victor cause you can strung up to 28 X 30 Lbs. And it's not sluggish.
    You can check the rewiews by paul at www.badminton-coach.co.uk to make a good decision.