Results 1 to 17 of 21
08-03-2012, 07:52 AM #1
Your top 3 favourite strings and why
I haven't seen one of these threads for a while, and with a lot of new strings recently I wanted to find out your 3 current favourite strings and reasons why they are your favourite.
For me it's:
1. VS-850 - Awesome power and control with a very crisp feel. Pre-stretching and electric stringing it seemed to get around the tension loss issue for me.
2. BG66UM - Great repulsion and power while it lasts...the strings started feeling a bit dead after a while though. It actually feels quite similar to the Nanogy 98.
3. Nanogy 98 - Great power but the strings are a bit slippery, although I haven't had too many issues with touch shots. Also doesn't break so easily when I do have to use plastic shuttles compared with BG66UM.
I've also been trying out BG80 and ZM67 but I haven't used them enough yet to form a decent opinion.
08-03-2012, 02:14 PM #2
I only have two of my favorites!
I love the Nanogy 98 because if it's great repulsion, it's a perfect string for my Nanoray 700 RP!
The BG 80 Power is also one of my top choices, I use that string on my ArcSaber 10. Also great repulsion power and decent durability.
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM #3
BG 98 -> Hard Match selection -> Most Powerful string from my experience
BG 85 -> Daily Hitter selection -> All around string, cheaper than BG 98
BG 70pro-> Training Racket selection -> Durable, hold string tension well
08-03-2012, 08:19 PM #4
From my understanding using the arc10p with a standard setup of 24x26 with the same stringer and same machine used to really 'see' and 'feel' the difference this is my top 3 list:
BG66UM - Amazing feel and power when its fresh, and drops not much significantly and lasts abit longer if stringed properly. Has a nice sound and nicely priced where im from for RM30 for the string and setup.
NG98 - Has a strong sound, so far tension retension is holding longer from the bg66um. So far the best setup with my arc10p. But due to the price of RM49, its too pricey for me to maintain.
Zymax62 - Thinnest of all strings ive tested! AWESOME SOUND and really nicely coloured in red! Price is again really good for this string for RM20. But durability lets it down with a fresh setup not lasting more than 3 games.
Looking to try out victor strings or from li-ning but not sure what is good and recommended? Cheers!
08-04-2012, 02:10 AM #5
for me:1.bg66 ultimax2.nanogy 983.bg66
08-04-2012, 09:20 AM #6
08-04-2012, 12:43 PM #7
anyone tried the Victor NS 660 Ti ?
08-28-2012, 06:45 PM #8
08-29-2012, 06:02 AM #9
My top 3 strings is
BG66UM - the repulsion, and the accurary around the court and the net. The sounds when you hit the sweet spot....
BG66 - not far from the BG66UM, the power is good, the accuracy is good
NBG98 - the power is good, the feel around the net is good
08-29-2012, 08:59 AM #10
For me, my top 3 strings are:
1. Bg66U - Great power and control, however lacks durability and needs replacing often.
2. Bg80 - I think Yonex's best all around string if you include value for money.
3. Bg65ti - Not the best string to play with, but is so durable and will last a very long time.
Please visit www.apbstringers.co.uk for more information on strings as well as stringing help and reviews.
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM #11
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM #12
1- VS850 & BG80 (Keeping BG80 90% of the time, and put VS850 just before tournament to get around tension loss. I just love the hard feeling strings and the rough texture haha)
2- BG85 (Bit less durability than BG80 so it's #2)
3- ZM62 (Hard not to like this string, everything is so crisp)
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM #13
1. BG80, because of its rough texture for cutting
2. BG66 UM, because of its repulsion
3. NBG98, because of its repulsion
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM #14
1. Carlton xcelerate 67 first string I played with and an incredible all rounder long lasting and great feeling 2. yonex 66um because of the crispiness and precision however as many have becomes lifeless after a few hours and breaks when u last expect it (just before a match)
08-31-2012, 05:46 AM #15
08-31-2012, 01:55 PM #16
1. BG66UM (great repulsion)
2. VS800 (good repulsion for a .7 string, very good tension retension after the first quick loss, rough surface grants good control)
3. NBG98 (good repulsion, but goes a bit numb rather quickly and is slippery)
Currently testing the ZM65 as replacement for the 66UM. Looks promising so far, let's see if I'm fit on Monday to take it out for a swing. Surface feels okay, a bit rougher than the 66UM, but not at BG80/VS800 level.
08-31-2012, 04:06 PM #17
VS850 x3. . Have to agree with gundamzaku.
No matter what other string I've tried, I seem to get the best result with this. Absolutely love the feel, touch, and rough surface which provides amazing control. Only downside is some initial tension loss which can be mitigated by a good stringer with ECP and prestretch.
Last edited by visor; 08-31-2012 at 04:08 PM.