String:BG66 what is the ideal tension for nanospeed 9900

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by loldx01, Sep 4, 2012.

1. loldx01

loldx01 Regular Member

Schooling
    I have a nanospeed 9900 and i havea bg66 string i am not much of a smasher and i want to smash better but also not lose the control can anyone give me some suggestions?? on the tension of the string(bg66) i have and some good places in singapore to string

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#2 demolidor, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  3. loldx01

loldx01 Regular Member

Schooling
    Now i am considering to use bg80 for its longer life span so what lbs should it be at and i need some recommendations of a place to string with good stringers for Singapore

4. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

No, please use BG66 or BG66UM on the NS9900. It's a control racket and with these strings, you can get quite a lot of net kills. I use 25lb on my NS9900.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    String tension depends on your technique, muscles and power. It's not easy to give you an advice. At what tension did you normally play? Do you use plastics or feather? These factors are important to give you an advice. I think if you start at 24lbs you can't get wrong and you can increase your tension +2lbs for next stringing job to find your best tension for you and your racket.

6. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    there is no such thing as an ideal tension, as all this boils down to the individual. do you know what tension are you using previously? higher tension doesnt necessarily means u play better if you can control it well.

7. loldx01

loldx01 Regular Member

Schooling
    I use feather and i am using 27lbs string i forgot which but @Mew bg66 seems to break easier and i heard bg80 has almost the same repulsion power as bg66 i think i might string bg80 at 25lbs first anyone can recommend a good stringer or a place to string where the stringer is good in Singapore

8. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

BG80 has a completely different feel to the BG66. It feels dead to me. I recommend the 66UM. I have never broken one at 25lb.

9. loldx01

loldx01 Regular Member

Schooling
    if i play bg66ultimax at 27lbs will it break easily???? alot of negative reviews about the bg66um hmmm this is leaving me in a dilenma -.- anyways i think i would try bg80 first at 25lbs then i would try the bg66um at 26lbs any good stringers or places to string to recommend really need this guys

10. dcsukyi

dcsukyi Regular Member

IT Product Manager
    Please, do not ruin your NS9900 by stringing over 24lbs. I know of a LOT of people who dented and/or broke their NS9900 frame by stringing 26lbs! NS9900 was also made for speed and control, not for smashing. The head is too light to get a "Super-powered smash". Even if you could get one, you'd probably do a lot better with a heavier head like Voltric Z-force, or Voltric 80.