User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ClearOne Calgary Drop-in

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Calgary.. and looking for places to play! I live in Airdrie, but willing to travel a bit for a good place.

Anyone know what level badminton is usually played at ClearOne Calgary on weekday evenings? Is it fairly easy to find games if I drop in by myself or is it more of a "bring your friends" type of atmosphere?

Thanks! Any advice/help is appreciated!

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jamie,

It was a pleasure to meet you tonight!

-Pete

3. Likes jmelai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, small world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking to get back into the sport. Moved to Calgary not too long ago and been just busy settling and finding a permanent place to play since I've been moving around a lot.

Now that I'm ready to finally go back into the sport, ClearOne seems to be the closest option for me.

So same question as jmelai, is the drop in a bring your friend to play kinda environment or is it fairly easy to join games? What's the skill level at usually with afternoon and evening drop in's for weekends? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned the hard way that ClearOne is not at all a good drop-in place for individuals. If you're with a group of friends, great! But people there all came with a group, so it was difficult to find games. I was lucky because I bumped into a group of really nice people who allowed me to join their group, but that's pretty rare..

ClearOne is a good place for group of friends or for training. If you're looking to find games, check out the FCR Badminton League (http://fcrnsa.wordpress.com/fcr-badminton-league-fcrbl/). Their league runs on Wednesdays at Sunridge Badminton and they welcome drop-ins. You just have to email them to reserve a spot. I've only played there once last week and I must say it was a LOT OF FUN! The level of play is more intermediate to advance and I would definitely recommend this league. They also play on Fridays in the SW, but that's a bit too far for me..

Hope this helps and good luck with your badminton search!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply jmelai!

If going as a pair already, wonder how hard it is to join games. Guess I'll hafta just go and see

Have you ever played at Bearspaw before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have played at Bearspaw twice. They play with feather birdies and they're a friendly bunch who welcome drop-ins

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i play monday and wedesday nights at clearone with a group of about 10 on a regular basis........have i met any of you????? feel free to come join us........my name is aaron