Dutch Open

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by Laybourn, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Hi everybody

I just arrived home from Dutch Open, and it has been a very disappointed tournament for me.

In the mensdoubles we lost to Siegemund and Kinderwater from Germany. We beat them in Malaysia in 2 sets. We couldn´t get our normal game to work, and we were very tirred in our legs and especially in our heads. Why tirred in our heads...? We were both very tirred after our long trip to Asia and when we came home we had to play 2 hard teammatches for our clubs. A few days after that we went of for the Dutch open and it has just been to hard a program for us. We were just not ready for this tournament, that is why all the other danish player is having a break this week, but we tried to play but i just didn´t work, thats how it is sometimes. Now we just have to relax a day or two and get ready for next week.

In our mixdouble we played a very good first round and beat Simon Archer and Donna Kellogg from England. In the second round it was really bad one more time for me. I actually thought i got over our mensdouble but things were exactly the same. I couldn´t get my game to work and neither could Kamilla. But Simon and Karina play a very good match so we had to be at the top of our game to beat them but we couldn´t focus and concentrate enough. But i have to focus on our first round because we really played a good match.

In total a very very bad tournament for me, but i have to learn from it in the future. We have to 100 % ready mentally other vise there is no point playing. I really hope we can improve our game in the next weeks in Denmark and Germany.

Laybourn

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hard luck Thomas.

It sounds like you haven't had enough time to recover.

Was it your own decision to play in this tournament or the coaching staff's?

3. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Thanks for your report!

Apparently this was one tournament too much... :(

Hope you find some extra-motivation in front of your home crowd next week!!

4. Laybourn

Laybourn Regular Member

Yes it was our decision, but of course our coaches supported us in the dicision. We were aware of the risk that it would be to much. We can just look back now and say that it was. Thats how it sometimes, but you can always learn from your mistakes.

Thomas