User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely go for ECP if doing higher tensions. Without ECP you have to double pull which is a pain otherwise 28lbs feels like 25lbs after a few hours.

Or I could do what Cheung does and give it to Luxis to string.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    He was very good? What happened to him now? Did you change stringer?
    He gave the stringing to somebody else to do. Initially, the feel wasn't quite the same. Then I got injured for a long time and didn't need racquets strung. When I came back, I used a different stringer but suddenly decided to try Luxis again. They changed to an electronic machine and the feel of the stringing is very good although it is not Mr Ng who does the stringing now.

That's why you recently seen me a bit more on the strings subforum.

Mr Ng runs a number of coaching sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest, I've strung only once with a manual crank before I retired it and replaced it with the WISE Head. Best decision I've ever made and never looked back! The only time I'd string manually is if my WISE head needed service, but so far, it's been running like a champ for a few years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have string rackets on a Gamma x-2, updated by using klippermate badminton frame plates for three years now. the machine was calibrated by using fishing scale. I only do one or two job per week for myself and some friends. I never feel I need another machine. The quality of the job is less dependent on the machine but on the stringer. There are some tricks which you have to learn by yourself to do a good job. The only different of the machines is the speed. Crank and electric machine could cut the time by 40%. It makes sense if you are running a stringing business. If you string for yourself a drop weight is enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 rackets , it looks right
    50 rackets , it works right
    100 rackets + my high IQ the job is fit for LIN DAN.
    I wouldn't show anybody except my son the last step I did to finish the job. The different, how about from breaking BG80 every two weeks to cutting my string every three months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2