Badminton in Perth

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by skytte, Sep 6, 2012.

1. skytte

skytte New Member

student
    Hi
    I'm 25 years old and just moved to Perth (east Perth) from Denmark. I would like to find a badminton club that I can join. So far I've found a page that list all the clubs, but I can't figure out with levels the clubs are having.
    In Denmark I used to play a couple of times a week on level a high level, so i would like to find something similar - do anyone know where I can do that?

Looking forward to hear something :)

2. Nikku

Nikku Regular Member

Engineer
    Friday 5:30pm to 10:30pm at Victoria Park Leisurelife Centre @ Cnr Kent & Gloucester Streets East Victoria Park. Level range from A-reserve to C grade , very crowded at some nights. They have 2 sections, one for casual public, one for training and competitive games. If you want the competitive games, don't pay entry fee at the front desk, you pay at the court. Fee entry $8

If you want A-res grade and above level, head to Girrawheen Community Center up North from 4:00pm to 6:00pm Saturday, less crowded there but the courts are nice and friendly players. Note: they prefer using old scoring system for longer games here. Fee entry $7

There are other A grade club at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rossmoyne Senior High School & Samson Rec Centre[/FONT], but I don't go there. Ring them up if you are interested.

If you want a lift to Girrawheen, send me a PM with your phone number. I will gladly help.

#2 Nikku, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. carvalhosa

carvalhosa Regular Member

service industry
    i sent you a PM but u never reply me at all
    Actually im looking for a lift to Girrawheen CC and need some guidance from you

4. RodArmstrong

RodArmstrong Regular Member

Hi, I recently moved to Perth and I would like to play singles badminton, perhaps hiring a court in Leederville. text me at 0435 921 134 if you are interested.
    thanks
    Rod

5. Nikku

Nikku Regular Member

Engineer
    Update:
    Girrawheen Community Center - Price $9 per head per session.
    Tuesday 19:30 - 21:30
    Friday 19:30 - 21:30
    Saturday 16:00 - 18:00

6. balthazer

balthazer Regular Member

Web Designer
    Hey guys,

I'll be visiting Perth on the 11/07 till the 15/07 for a business trip and I was wondering if there are any social badminton sessions in Perth on the 14/07 (Thursday - my day off) that I can join.

I would say that my level is average and often play in men doubles.
    If you guys know any sessions/games out there, please do share with me.

Thanks and cheers~!