Ottawa RA Centre

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by kee1108, Sep 6, 2012.

1. kee1108

kee1108 New Member

Anyone goes to RA Centre regularly? Most people said you will need to know someone there or go there as a group. I am having a hard time justifying joining the club as I will likely go by myself most of the time.

2. ddt668

ddt668 Regular Member

RA Center

What is your level of play? I go every Wend, Fri. with a bunch of ppl.

3. paul charbonneau

paul charbonneau New Member

you can go everyday. If i remember it's open from 0800am to 1100pm except xmas and new year. You join then you go to the Gym. The director will evaluate your skill level (all colour coded) then they will give you a coloured magnetic name tag with your name on it. your name tag stays on the board. When you come in to play you take your tag and you put in on the waiting list to play. When it gets to the top it's your turn to pick 3 other players to play with. They will explain the rules for picking players. Basically there is if i recall right 5 colours. Let say red is the highest and blue is third. You are blue . Second is yellow. you can pick players in yellow and the next colour down from yours. You will be told that you are not allowed to pick players in the red category ( to strong for you) not fair to you or to them. If you get better they can re-asses you,of course.

hope that helps

paul

4. pokerjoker25

pokerjoker25 New Member

Hi folks - realize this thread is rather old but just taking a shot.

I just moved to Ottawa from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am an advanced Intermediate regular doubles player (and the occasional singles game) and I'm looking to continue playing here. I have my full gear, so wanted some suggestions on where to play.

I'm looking for something regular (at least 3 times a week) and also for folks who would like to play with me! Open for doubles and singles but mainly doubles on a regular basis!

Thank you!
    Pratik