Victor BS-LYD / MX-JJS or Panda Power PPro / Revelation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CanucksDynasty, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    It's been awhile since I last bought a racket (VT-ZF) and I'm feeling the need to spend some money on badminton stuff. I know my $$ is better spent on lessons but I don't have the time for it just yet.

Currently own: VT-ZF (my #1 singles), N90II (singles when I'm tired), and X-Feel Blast (for plastics).
    I like HH and Stiff rackets.

I'm looking for more of a doubles racket. I feel I'm not quite as fast with my current rackets (at least that's what I'm telling myself so I can justify purchasing more rackets :D).

I've been eying the MX-JJS as it's sooooo sweeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!! But it has the same specs as BS-LYD. Is it safe to say that the BS-LYD is faster while the MX-JJS is better for smashes (I know...depends on the person...but you get my drift)? Is BS-LYD better at the net while MX-JJS is better at the back court? I used to own MX80 but found it a tad too stiff for my liking.

Panda Power Precision Pro has also caught my eye. The sweet black matte colour is niiiiiiiccceee. Also curious about the upcoming Revelation.

So...which one (or two ;)) but not all of them :(??????

Thanks,
    CD.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Get the MX-JJS! Or the P Pro. :).

Although if you do get the latter, you'll have to wait a bit for the second batch to arrive as the current batch are too light IMO to generate much power from the back. Around 87g 295mm bp would be perfect for me, perhaps a tad heavier would be perfect for you.

3. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Def something heavier.

I got two PP @ 88g / 296 bp and they're def not as HH as the AT700 / Ti10 2nd gen that I play with.

BUT having said that, I don't think I've gone back to either one when I play doubles (the Ti10 doesn't come out unless I play singles)

4. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

LYD is gonna disappoint you... I didn't like it at all... It's nothing special in my books

5. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I love the LYD, I've finally settled on this racket after going Voltric 5 -> NS9900 -> BS12 ->BS LYD.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting... how does the LYD compare to the NS9900 and BS12? Stiffness, balance, weight, speed, strengths and weaknesses.

7. hadokenuh

hadokenuh Regular Member

I played with the 9900 for a year before switching to BS12 about 6 months ago. I'd say the BS12 is much easier to play and as fast if not faster than the 9900. It takes some time to get used to the swing speed of the BS12 but once you get it, it's very easy to get power out of it. My defend shots from smashes, push, quick drives are much better with the BS. For maximum power, I'd say the 9900 has more because of its stiffness.

I will be getting a BS LYD pretty soon. I've played with my friend's a couple of times and it's definitely more powerful, stiffer, a bit slower than the BS12. So it's more demanding than the BS12. I gotta say I love the Bravesword line!

By the way, they are all 3U, 26lbs BG80.

8. CanucksDynasty

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm thinking of getting both the BS-LYD and MX-JJS :D. When I get a partner who likes to play the back court...I'll use the BS-LYD. And if I play the back court more...I'll use the MX-JJS. Probably won't help my play much but really...it's all an excuse to buy more rackets anyways :p.

My preference is 3UG2 86-87g (dry weight) strung @ 27lbs with whatever strings I wanna try out (maybe ZM62 white for BS-LYD and BG80P Orange for MX-JJS).

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang! You hit the lottery or what? :p.

So is that the order to put to Eric then? ;) :D.

(Btw he says to expect the JJS in Oct. I'm waiting for the NR800 in Nov. :) )

10. CanucksDynasty

No lottery yet. If I did win...I'd buy a whole lot more. Just that I will stop playing badminton from Nov-Feb cuz expecting newborn and lack of sleep. Money saved from not playing going to purchase new rackets. :p. Don't order the rackets just yet. I have a few bills to pay first. :(

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Crafty thinking, I like that! ;)

12. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

The NS9900 is a great racket but it is just way too fast. I injured my shoulder twice playing with this racket because I got it twisted in weird directions. The stiffness didn't help.

BS12, super user friendly. I find the weight distribution a little weird with the weight concentrated on the T joint. Overheads are weak but defensive shots are a joy with this racket. Again, super user-friendly, and I still use it on my bad days.

BS LYD, quite a demanding racket because of the heaviest head. It is slower than the BS12 (not necessarily a bad thing - too much speed isn't good, i.e. 9900) but it has more power than both NS9900 and BS12 with not much sacrifice in speed. The BS frame is awesome.

In summary:

Power: LYD > 9900 (If you are strong, this could be the most powerful) >> BS12
    Defense: 9900 > BS12 > LYD
    Control: 9900 > LYD >= BS12
    User-friendliness: BS12 > LYD > 9900
    Overall: LYD > BS12 > 9900

13. amleto

amleto Regular Member

interesting that you say the quickest racket has the most control. often times a fast racket head is difficult to handle when it comes to control...

14. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

This is because NS9.9k is rate as super stiff. Therefore, it is good for control

15. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

This, and a quicker racket allows you to get to the net that split second earlier, giving you more options.