User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Beginner needs help

    Hey guys, im a currently a new player that jus picked up badminton awhile back! Beginner IMHO. Currently looking through forums to look for new rackets in replacement of my old cheapo racket. Any recommendations on what rackets i should get? and where i can get it? I won't mind getting second hand rackets too if there is any available. Would be good if the price dont exceed SGD100 thou since im still a student and am not that good for a pro racekt anw =p. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suggest you get the nanospeed 100, I bought mine for SGD55 at Sportslink, ready to play and you need not to restring as it is pre-strung around 20~21lbs(beginner tension). It's light and very durable, a little head heavy. Very good racket and will suit many players,good value for money.

    All the best for your journey into badminton! Cheers

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leezzy View Post
    I suggest you get the nanospeed 100, I bought mine for SGD55 at Sportslink, ready to play and you need not to restring as it is pre-strung around 20~21lbs(beginner tension). It's light and very durable, a little head heavy. Very good racket and will suit many players,good value for money.

    All the best for your journey into badminton! Cheers
    Name:  yonexracketchart_622_feb2012plusvtzf.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  51.9 KB

    if you can see in the picture, nanospeed is headlight racket....
    it's even lighter than carbonex 8000Ti.....
    but it's good for a beginner....
    another alternative would be Arcsaber 001, 002 or 003.....
    all the best....

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnersfan View Post
    Name:  yonexracketchart_622_feb2012plusvtzf.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  51.9 KB

    if you can see in the picture, nanospeed is headlight racket....
    it's even lighter than carbonex 8000Ti.....
    but it's good for a beginner....
    another alternative would be Arcsaber 001, 002 or 003.....
    all the best....
    Alright! Thank you guys for the suggestion (: i'll head down to queensway and look up a few of the rackets to see which "feels" best for me. Once again thanks! (:! Greatly appreciated.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyuubiDevil View Post
    Alright! Thank you guys for the suggestion (: i'll head down to queensway and look up a few of the rackets to see which "feels" best for me. Once again thanks! (:! Greatly appreciated.
    welcome...
    good luck with your new racket....

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any idea if Apacs wrex zen is good? It was recommended by the store owner there. Seems pretty okay to me.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyuubiDevil View Post
    Any idea if Apacs wrex zen is good? It was recommended by the store owner there. Seems pretty okay to me.
    im not sure about wrex zen series but i have apacs nano 900 power and edgesaber z-slayer in my bag....
    of course it wont feel like yonex's but given the cheap price, i think it's good enough for people with tight budget....
    imo, apacs makes decent racket.....

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    apacs is value for money....no regrets switchin..

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think Apacs nano power 900 or lethal 8-11 are even better than Wrex model.

  10. #10
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,514
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have an arcsaber 002 and it suits me well even while i'm improving. even balance, shaft is flexible, 3u which is not too heavy and not too light.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •