User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear good comments about 8DX

Allow me to off topic a bit.... anyone can compare 8DX with MX80? Are they in the same league?

What are the differences between them in the area of speed, power, control, maneuverability and other significant aspect of performance?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. I have an MX80 AND Zslash myself and while the Zslash can be frustrating at bad/mediocre days, its even balance is perfect for both doubles and singles (my opinion). The MX80 is a slayer but too slow in doubles for me. I can get my hands on an 8DX with BG80 or BG65 so I was wondering the same.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SantaSCSI View Post
    Good question. I have an MX80 AND Zslash myself and while the Zslash can be frustrating at bad/mediocre days, its even balance is perfect for both doubles and singles (my opinion). The MX80 is a slayer but too slow in doubles for me. I can get my hands on an 8DX with BG80 or BG65 so I was wondering the same.
    I've not tried the MX80 before.

But I can compare the Z-slash with the 8DX as I have both. The first thing you notice with the Z-slash is the racquet head speed you can generate and also how easy it is to get power into your shots - but only if you time it right, it's quite easy to mistime the first time you use it.

The 8DX is a more forgiving racquet. It has a shorter and wider racquet face compared to other top-end arcsabers and is far wider than the z-slash. Because of the combination of even balance, stiff shaft and forgiving frame, this is one of the best defensive racquets I've played with. The Z-slash is also good, but with it's smaller head it's more prone to mishits. However the slash makes up for it's smaller head with great anti-torque properties, so off-centre shots are not as bad which goes some way to making up for a smaller sweetspot.

Whilst the slash is also a stiff racquet, it does have a longer shaft, which enables it to flex a little more. So in my opinion the 8DX is the stiffer of the two racquets.

I have been alternating between a Z-slash and 8DX for some time now. There's very little betweeen the two. If I'm after some control, I get the 8DX, if I'm feeling like I want to smash every lift I get, I go to my Z-slash.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you like the 8DX as much as I do.

If you like better sound, perhaps try a thinner string? However I personally feel that thick strings are best on the 8DX. I'm going to put NBG99 on it tonight and see what it's like.
    Thank you for those kind words. I like the NBG98 + Nanospeed 9000S combination but it has been a while and I would have to sell&buy and adjust my swing again. Since I'm in the middle of the season right now I can't change too much and those very thin strings only give me the feeling I like on head light rackets.

One more 8DX is on my way and I still have the option to change the string setting I demanded. I'm going to test BG80 Power with 12,5kg (digital pre-stretch) what should be about 27,6lbs. Please let me know if the NBG99 works out for you or not.

Allow me to off topic a bit.... anyone can compare 8DX with MX80? Are they in the same league?
    The MX80 has been on my bucket list for quite a while since I would get one or two literally for free. I had about 10 hours with it and didn't go for the buy.

It is definitely head heavier, stiffer and cuts through the air with less resistance. Problem is, it was supplied with the VS850... so please filter this comment.

Best part for me with the MX80 is driving. Fast and flat exchanges are unbelievable easy, with the VS850 supplied the feel is amazingly direct and responsive. The feel was really hard. Vibration is
    there but it shouldn't really bother... unless you tend to mishit (8DX would be better then)

You don't really feel any drag, the head heaviness just gives the shuttle the right amount of weight and it feels faster than the 8DX in game. At first this really surprised me. I can get faster behind the shuttle with the 8DX due to it's more balanced handling after all but in the end I need a tad more effort to put the same weight behind the bird. With the MX80 my wrist and finger movements are a little bit crisper and shorter, thus gives the fast impression.

Net game is very difficult to tell for me. First I would say, you've got (even) better feel with the MX80 around the net because the hole frame and shaft (+ VS850) give you incredible feedback. 8DX is better for deceptive shots or fast flicks since it is head lighter and the bird doesn't leave the string bed that fast. There is literally very less hold on the MX80.

On the back of the court MX80 and 8DX both feel good while the MX80 feels more directly. Soft shots maybe feel a little bit better with the MX80 due to the direct feel, but hard shots are better with the 8DX for me. I can't really make the MX80 klick with my compact swing. It clicks when I make it a little bit bigger backswing, but still, it's not what I want. I don't have that time in fast doubles and resulting therefrom I would loose angle and control.

This issue is the reason why I didn't buy the MX80. The head of the MX80 is super ridged and stable, the shaft doesn't soften anything. But when it comes down I don't have the elastics of the superior Z-Force shaft etc.. It doesn't make klick for me.

Hope this helps and isn't written too weird
    Last edited by sFrog; 10-01-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both your and R20190's experiences will help people a LOT. Well written!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2