Where 2 play? Torrance and near

Discussion in 'USA West' started by hartski, Sep 20, 2003.

1. hartski

hartski Regular Member

I'm looking for places to play in or near Torrance, CA USA. I'm good to play during evenings (6pm) on weekdays and anytime on weekends.

Public and Private is ok. I need people to play with if anybody's interested.

Thanks!

2. Californian

Californian Regular Member

Near you are Mar Vista on Mon. & Wed. nights, Westchester on Wed. nights, and Santa Monica practically all day Sunday (Costs are about $2). Farther away is the San Gabriel/Pasadena club, open every day...$7 for non-members. All have a wide range of player skill levels.

Check the SCBA website for more details: http://www.scbabadminton.org (select "Places to Play.")

3. hartski

hartski Regular Member

Thanks a lot for the info!

I'll try those places out. I kinda need somebody to play with though. If anybody in Los Angeles is interested in playing send me an e-mail at hartski@legionsofazeroth.com

I'm really dying to play badminton again after 4 years of not playing. I'm intermediate in skill.

4. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Your best bet is to just show up on Monday and Wednesday nights at Mar Vista in West Los Angeles 7 - 10 pm, about 20 - 25 minutes from you with no traffic. It is drop in play and there are 3 courts with players of all skill levels. It costs $3, and they provide you with all the birds that you can use! Nice lighting and high ceilings. For Westchester, although closer to you, the lighting kinda sucks and there is hardly and distance between the end line and the end of the court, so it is very compact.
    email me if you wanna show up at Mar Vista, im there every monday and wednesday.

spectramr2@yahoo.com

5. mike88

mike88 New Member

Hi,

Yeah I want to play badminton too just for exercise in torrance but i don't know where to play.
    Do you know where we can play in Torrance?
    Please let me know, Thank you.

6. mike88

mike88 New Member

Any Gym, or sports Recreation Center has a court to play badminton in Torrance?
    Anybody knows?

Thanks

7. tittymat

tittymat Regular Member

IT
    Any places near torrance for badminton other than MBBC. Also I'm looking or regular partners to play regularly. I've been playing baddy for 20+ years with good to advance skill.