Brake Slipping; Pro's Pro Shuttle Express Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kaikid, Sep 9, 2012.

1. kaikid

kaikid New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a Pro's Pro Shuttle Express bought recently. The brake is slipping when engaged - when the black knob has popped out, the tensioner still moves along the track.

[video=youtube;qai12sXre3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qai12sXre3Y[/video]

[video=youtube;QX7b7P-3PZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX7b7P-3PZY[/video]

The rod connecting the handle to the machine is detached from the disc which moves between the brake pads. Are the two metal prongs supposed to be inside the holes?

I have had the machine for less than two weeks and have strung a couple of rackets without issue. Half way through stringing another racket, the brake suddenly stopped working. I am really panicking as I need this racket strung now!

It would be a great help if someone with this particular machine could take some photos of what the inside of the tensioner should look like (with the white cover taken off) since I didn't take any pictures of the inside before I had this problem.

I have attached some pictures and videos (links) to explain the problem.

Thankyou!

Attached Files:

2. Marlboro

Marlboro Regular Member

Here you go. Yours seems broken

1.jpg 2.jpg

3. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

Yes, the same thing happened with ours, but its possible to fix it... the rods are supposed to be in the holes.. the rod that goes through the head should be able to be moved inwards towards the brake disk... just give if a "tap" with a hammer and the rods will move inwards through the holes.. if that makes sense..

4. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I would also suggest looking to make sure something else has not loosened because this will reoccur if not checked. As with what happened to another user in another thread, if the grub screw loosens on the gear, the disc can shift to the right with respect to the shaft and pop out of those two holes.
    I'll attach the same photo to refer to what to look for. stringer.jpg

5. kaikid

kaikid New Member

Loosening the grub screw allowed me to push the rods back into the holes :D
    Thankyou guys for all your help!