Badminton Club near Aurora Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Legacy40k, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Legacy40k

Legacy40k Regular Member

Ski Instructor, Graphic Designer
    I'm trying to find a place to play Badminton near Aurora Ontario.

I know there is a club in Newmarket that meets on Fridays, but Friday's don't work very well for me so I'm trying to find an alternative.

I believe there is a club that meets at GW Williams in Aurora during the week, but I haven't had much luck getting information on it or being able to reach anybody affiliated with the club.

I saw the Machi post, but it seems to be a training facility. I'm looking for a place to play recreationally 1-2 nights midweek. Also, I'm 29, so I can't join a kids club, and would prefer to play with at least some people 18-50.

Thanks for your suggestions!

2. mindbodyheart09

mindbodyheart09 Regular Member

Software Designer
    The new season in Aurora club hasn't started yet. If you're interested, contact them at this email: aurorabadmintonclub@hotmail.com. They will send you email when it's time for registration.

Machi isn't just a training center. You can play there too,

3. Legacy40k

Legacy40k Regular Member

Do you know when the Aurora Badminton Club will be starting? I sent an E-mail on the 12th and still haven't received a reply.

4. VolvoFlyGirl

VolvoFlyGirl Regular Member

Friday nights about 10 mins from Aurora.
    Major MacKenzie and Woodbine
    Cachet Badminton @ Lincoln Alexander P.S.
    38 Hillmount Road, Markham, 16[SUP]th[/SUP] / Woodbine [NW]
    Fridays 6:30pm to 10:30pm
    Starts: September 14[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012
    Ends: Decemeber 21[SUP]st[/SUP], 2012
    Total: $40 [H.S.T. included]

Contact - Mrs. Lee 416-271-5715 [text msg]

5. Legacy40k

Legacy40k Regular Member

Thanks! I like those hours! The Aurora Badminton club doesn't start till 8:30! I prefer to play from like 7-9:30.

6. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

7. Smash88

Smash88 Regular Member

Lots of adults play at Machi recreationally especially on Tues, Thurs and sometimes Fridays.

8. VolvoFlyGirl

VolvoFlyGirl Regular Member

I like to check out Machi anyone know if they get busy Sunday 10-3pm?

9. Grim23

Grim23 New Member

Dal Student
    Machi sounds good, I always have trouble finding a place to play regularly when I am back in Ontario. Is it the type of place where you have to book a court in advance if you want to play at all? Or do people rotate every game or so?

10. kirila

kirila Regular Member

The owner is a liar! Don't go there if you don't have the partner! They never tell you that. You can pay the money, but ending up without even plays a single game! And there is no refund! Also no kids allowed for drop in! Be careful! I've played so many clubs around the city, but this place is the worst ever. The owner is selfish and has no respect for customers, even kids. My suggestion: looks for some other places, friendlier.

11. machitc

machitc Regular Member

This customer played drop-in at April 23, 2013 night. After he played one game, he came out and asked for refund the fee due to no one available playing with him. But I told him that drop-in must wait for other people, can't guarantee him playing games one by one non stop. I don't know why no one willing play with him after one game. There were a lot of players inside the courts. That is very unreasonable refund. Anyways, I refunded to him and told him that no more deal with him because he really used our facility.

12. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Its not true!! On Friday April 23 I went to Machi for drop-ins from 8 to 11 pm. After 8;30 I finally played one game and after that I was waiting for another 20 min. Some players were playing singles just ignoring anyone else. After next 15min wait, I tried to join another group of players, but they refused me. I understand that they don’t know me and my badminton level. About myself: I am advanced players with 20+ years of experience, but I never refuse to anyone to play with me even the beginners. Because I don’t want anyone to feel bad or offended. So after over 40min of waiting and getting frustrated, I gave up and went to the owner to ask for refund of $7. He got mad, but finally refunded me $7 by saying, I quote ” Its first and the last time I give you the money back. Next time bring your partner! No more deals!”
    Let me explain, I was playing at this club irregularly for about one month and a half, Tuesdays and Thursdays for drop-ins, Mondays and Fridays with my 9 years old son I also introduced and recommended one of my friend to this facility and he started to take private lessons at Machi.
    The next Friday as usually I went to play badminton at Machi with my 9 years old son. When I walked in, the owner said to me “You are not welcome in this club anymore!” And when he saw my son he said “No more kids allowed for drop-ins”. When I replied, why there is other kids playing on the court?” he was just kept saying that we have to leave immidiatly!
    My questions to the owner “ Why on Facebook before he replied that no partner needed to play in his club?”
    The owner answered: I don’t care about Facebook.
    My question to the owner:” Why he treats me like that despite even that I recommended this club one of my friends trying to bring some business to him?”
    The owner answered: You can tell your friend not to come here as well! And I decide who will play here!
    (What a great appreciation and client service!!)
    My questions to the owner: What my son has to do with all that?
    The owner simply ask us to leave!
    I gave him $10 and left
    Now as a proof I attached reply from Facebook by the owner:
    Machi Training Center We have more people on Friday night drop in. You don't need to bring partner!!
    Not true!!
    The Machi drop-ins schedule:
    [​IMG]
    All Drop-in must play games and use rally point system, When you play games, you can only play two games and you need to switch with other players.

machi.jpg
    Not true!! No mention of: no refund and no kids allowed.
    I’ve been playing so many clubs in Toronto and never had any issues like that. I can say that Machi
    ‘s owner is very rude and immature. Very disrespectful to the people and even kids.
    In all my future posts I’ll try to bring this issue to the badminton community. If he is an honest man he should apologise,( not before me) but at least before my son.