Recommend me an Upgrade for my NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gazzas_86, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Gazzas_86

Gazzas_86 Regular Member

HM Forces
    Hey all, Long time lurker however i now need some advice, Currently i have a NS8000 with towel grip strung at 25Lb, It's the only racket i have owned and unfortunately i'm now in the position to play for 2 clubs, My Local Civilian club, and also for the Navy. I play more so Doubles than Singles, mainly due to the club and matches it organises, but i do still love a game of singles now and then.I need a new racket, to retire my NS8000 to a backup racket, i'm hoping some people on here have owned an NS8000 before and found a good transition to a racket they could recommend, No budget really, I don't think i want a heavy head racket, but i would like an improvement to smash speed over the 8000. Any help guys??Thanks in AdvanceGaz

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    what type of player are you, just knowing what racket you use is hard to give recommendations. you mentioned a good transition racket, but transition to what exactly. what is your other goals besides wanting improvement of smash speed?

since you're used to Nanospeed i'm guessing you're used to head light rackets. changing to a different type of racket is going to take time no matter which one because your muscles have memory. if you are in the navy then i can assume that your training had helped you in adapting to different situations a bit quicker than a normal civilian :), so it might take a bit less time to adjust your arm and wrist to a new racket. that said, i am suggesting a head heavy racket. but since you said you don't want a head heavy racket, then go with the even balance rackets like muscle power or arcsaber. but to be honest, having an even balance racket will still not yield as much power compared to a head heavy racket. maybe you can try it out and see if you like using it.

demo as many rackets as you can from friends or from badminton gyms if they offer demo programs. also, work on your form with the nanospeed and see if your smash improve. very often one tiny change from your form helps a long way. :)

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I think the new Yonex NanoRay 800 is supposed to replace the Nanospeed 8000. You could try that.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

+1.....................

5. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

If you want more speed to the shuttle, the NS9900 may be a good choice. It's still head light and has more power.

6. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

just bear in mind that NS9900 is much stiffer, so you need to be able to bend the shaft for a better smash. In term of speed it is comparable with NS8000.
    NS9900 is better in term of durability compared to NS8000

7. Gazzas_86

Gazzas_86 Regular Member

HM Forces
    Thanks for the reply guys, We'll i was at training last night and i had a go with a N90-II, i noticed the heavier head straight away to my NS8000, and tbh i got on with it quiet nicely, didnt take much effort to clear to the back of the court, It was the first time i've played with a heavier head. What are other peoples experience with the N90-II????

8. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I have the N90II. I find it to be a good head heavy all around racket. Fairly easy to use compared to other types. Not too head heavy but also not too stiff as well. Does everything good but doesn't excel in any one aspect (ie. heavier smash, speed, etc).

For example...I get a better smash with my VT-ZF (probably due to it being more head heavier than the N90II). N90II is quicker than VT-ZF but probably not quicker than say a Bravesword or Nanoray series racket.

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

the new nr800. it is the racquet to replace ns8000.

10. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    + 1000Definitely + 1000..........nanoray 800 is just perfection

11. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    I also recommend you try the NR800.

12. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Is the NanoRay 800 in the same class as the Armortec 800 DE? I'm looking to upgrade to another 4U racquet and it seems like the NanoRay 800 may be my racquet.

13. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

NO! AT800D is head heavy. More power and for play in the back. NR800 is head light and fast. Goof for front. They are totally different.

14. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Really? Man, my 4U AT800 DE definitely doesn't feel head heavy. I've used other racquets that felt head heavier than my AT800 DE!

Would you say the Nano Ray 800 is better suited for doubles play than the AT800 DE?

I looked up a selection chart and it doesn't seem like Yonex used the head light, repulsion, and other categories for the AT800 DE at the time. At the time it seemed like Yonex classified their racquets based on singles or doubles play.