I need your recommendation.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by itsmesamuel, Sep 15, 2012.

1. itsmesamuel

itsmesamuel Regular Member

Student
    I am an intermediate player. I need a new racket for myself. What brand of rocket can you recommend to me? And its tension. Thanks.

2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i recommend you to take a rocket to Mars and have some investigation? i think it's from NASA.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

There are dozens of brands who each make dozens of rackets.Every player has his own style and preferences in a racket.Your question is like asking someone who doesn't know you to suggest a meal and restaurant for you to eat at. How could one know what you'd like?So please supply a little information on your playing style and what rackets you have liked or disliked in the past. :)

4. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Voltric 7 or 5, MX60 or 70. All great rackets.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    anyone brand of racket with any tension will do, thanks.

6. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    You can try MX80. Awesome but careful not to get a rotator cuff injury if you are not used to super stiff rackets. Tension is up to you to decide.

7. patrick2197

patrick2197 Regular Member

blogger
    I suggest the VOltric 5! I read a review about it on a site and thought it was really great! I don`t have one though but I will have it!

8. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    depends on ur budget n preferences. without budget or preference eg head-light/heavy etc.

it's like searching for needle in a haystack.

perhaps for a head start, what brand n model were u using will be a good gauge for ur preference.cheers...

9. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Well, if you really don't know or have any preference, then the SAFEST and BEST BET will be to go for EVEN-BALANCED racquets with MEDIUM FLEX shaft and use a mid-range tension (20-22lbs) - the best I can think of is the Yonex Carbonex 20 - old model and tech but MIDDLE/EVEN in all aspects.

If you insist on some of the latest stuff, then try out Yonex Voltric 7 (slight head heavy), VT5 is a bit head-heavier than VT7.

If you like LIGHT HEADED racquets then the Nanospeed or Nanoray. Since you did not mention any preference or playing style, again choose as EVEN BALANCE as possible, eg Nanospeed 500.

A bit expensive but again in the "EVEN" category will be Victor Bravesword 11.

I am only familiar with Yonex and Victor but I am sure there are similar racquets by Carlton, Fischer, Li-Ning etc ....

These EVEN BALANCE racquets are usually ENTRY-LEVEL and slightly cheaper :)

10. cyberangle208

cyberangle208 Regular Member

Medical Technologist
    i normally wont say this... but i bought apacs lurid 23 and i like the strength of which it can produce... i was always a bs lyd fan but u can try this. Its slight head heavy and it fast enough to do a good defence.

i suggest the tension to be around at least 25 with thin string. i prefer vs850. but the racket can hold tension of over 38... even i think that is crazy :D

anyway it is cheap... so u can try out more apacs racket and once u have the one that u one u can find the racket that feel the same from a better brand like yonex or victor.... :D

11. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    since i dont know your style, i recommend Arcsaber 7, VT7 and VT70....
    all these are very good all-round racket.....
    good balance between power and speed.....

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

This is an informative post. An opinion given with explanation and garnished with helpful example rackets.Even if one doesn't agree with the advice offered, one has to admit it is a well-crafted post. The only part I would take issue with is the final allusion that the type of rackets suggested are merely entry- level. One of the hardest smashers and deft net players I have ever come up against was a young guy using a Cab 20. I state this only because I fear some beginners may ignore your otherwise sage advice solely on the basis of pride when they see the words 'entry level'. Cheers!

13. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    hi there,

If you're an intermediate level player, i assume that you already have a fair degree of strength in your swings and knowledge about the correct application of techniques and footwork while playing:rolleyes:. Since it's only your level of play that you've revealed here therefore, this are my "No No" advice as a general knowledge that hopefully can help you find that ideal racket. If you're responding to this thread of yours, please do tell us more about yourself as a player since there are godzillian amount of kindly BC members here are willing to give their advice to help you but if you don't help them by giving the relevant info, then it's just like shooting in the dark for them as far as giving an advice is concern.

DON'T:

- Use a racket that has a flexible shaft if you have a fast swinging style. You will most likely end up with numerous mishit or your hit will not be solid as the timing between your swings and hit will be mismatch.
    - Straight away buy a racket that other player claim is the best racket ever since it will not necessarily be your best racket ever. Try it first in court, judge the outcome of all your hit from all the departments and then decide before buying it........if still can't decide then.......TRY it again.
    - String way tooooooo high from your current reference stringing value just because your colleague is able to wield a 35 lbs stringing racket. Just try +/- 1 lbs first and judge the outcome from all your hits and then decide.
    - Use a head heavy balance racket if you want a racket that can deliver equal satisfactory performances in all your hits from all the offensive, defensive and control department. Use an even balance racket.
    - Use a head light racket if you're a natural born offensive type of player that other than by doing the serve, its smash all the way..(even net play also want to smash). Use a head heavy racket (may god bless the other player).
    - Use a heavy 2U racket if you want an easy feeling in your swings. Use a 3U or 4U, try them, judge and decide.

Good Luck

SS

14. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    That's gotta be the only racket I wouldn't recommend to an intermediate player

15. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Haha ... NOTED :)

BTW, Cab20 is definitely not an entry-level racquet !

That is why I used the phrase "usually" (see below), maybe I should BOLD that in the future :)

16. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    why? please do share your thoughts abt it

17. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    MX80 is not for an intermediate player imo....
    same goes to VTZF or VT80....
    i think someone should be at least a little better than intermediate to use such a stiff racket....
    that's why i suggested VT70 and Arcsaber 7 before......