User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just reveiwing your posts. Since you already use a cab21, I don't think changing the racquet would help a great deal.

I notice you said the problem comes on repeated hard smashing. Perhaps you can look at techqniue (as has been suggested) or perhaps a different tactical play to make most effective use of when to smash. That possibly would cut down the number of wasted smashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, if my shoulder pain doesn't go away after using Ti-10 then I shall look for you

to paraphrase the ending lines in drug / medicine commercials, "if symptoms persist, INSULT your doctor" lol.

on the other hand, please feel free to look for me, if what you plan is to give me your ti-10... for FREE!!!

please keep us posted, though, if things do get better due to the racquet change. there are so many players in our club complaining of the same problem, and although i've been giving the same advice regarding a change in racquet, not everyone is open to the thought of buying a new one (not necessarily a ti-10). funny how some people scrimp on the cost of a better fitting racquet at the expense of experiencing immense pain in their body (which is costlier in the long run)

so, do we see you changing your user name after tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Just reveiwing your posts. Since you already use a cab21, I don't think changing the racquet would help a great deal.

I notice you said the problem comes on repeated hard smashing. Perhaps you can look at techqniue (as has been suggested) or perhaps a different tactical play to make most effective use of when to smash. That possibly would cut down the number of wasted smashes.
    I think it wasn't the rackets but rather the string tensions. I will definately going to cut and restring my Cab21 which was strung at 22lbs. I feel my smashes more powerful with Cab20 strung at 20lbs.

I will also get a pro to look at my technique again. But during the game play, I hardly smash unnecessarily. I will only smash when I m confidant it can be a kill for me to do so. The pain usually started during the smash and lift drill. But last nite my shoulder was quite fine when I was using my Cab20 all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by marky mark
    so, do we see you changing your user name after tomorrow?
    Ha.. ha.. ha.. you got me right there Marky. Yes I would but definately not Titaniumer. And I wouldn't change to a name that is dependant of a racket name or series again. Lesson learnt. As you see, I might not stop at Ti-10 if my shoulder pain persist.

From tomorrow onwards, my new name shall be

stay tuned to this channel until tomorrow if you wanna find out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yups... but one cause of shoulder pain is becuz of bad technique. Badminton is a more of a forearm game. Shoulders actually places a smaller part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tonny
    yups... but one cause of shoulder pain is becuz of bad technique. Badminton is a more of a forearm game. Shoulders actually places a smaller part.
    Thanks but I have to agree and disagree. Yes it could be or may not be due to bad technique. As I have said, I will let the pro decide on that next session. But I disagree that shoulder actually plays a small part in badminton. Shoulder rotation is required in almost every stroke in badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Hi Carbonexer

This is due to the tension of your string.If all the while
    you string the tesion at 23 lbs than you switch to 25 or 26 lbs
    you will have this problem because the tighter the
    tension you have to use more strength.As a result you
    over stretch.After your badminton game you should do
    a warm down just like before game warm up.This is David
    from Singapore.

Cheers

Originally posted by Carbonexer
    The joint in my shoulder will start to pain when I smash hard a few times. A question to those who experienced it before. Do you know what was the cause?

I came across somewhere in this forum that a player mentioned that it was due to the racket being too light and therefore resulting in faster swing which causes the pain. Is that true? Do you think the weight of the racket is the culprit?

I am not a hard hitter so does that mean that a heavier racket such as Ti-10 is more suitable for me to clear/smash more effortlessly? Or is it the other way round that I should use a lighter racket such as MP88?

Thanks for your advise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Originally posted by Scanner
    Hi Carbonexer

This is due to the tension of your string.If all the while
    you string the tesion at 23 lbs than you switch to 25 or 26 lbs
    you will have this problem because the tighter the
    tension you have to use more strength.As a result you
    over stretch.After your badminton game you should do
    a warm down just like before game warm up.This is David
    from Singapore.

Cheers
    Thanks for the advise David. I think you were right about the tension theory. All the while I have been playing comfortably at 20lbs and since I started playing at 22lbs, shots were less powerful and harder to control and I feel that I need much more effort to achieve the same result. I will try to get use myself to 21lbs.

Btw, which part of Singapore and on which day do you normally play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Thanks for the advise David. I think you were right about the tension theory. All the while I have been playing comfortably at 20lbs and since I started playing at 22lbs, shots were less powerful and harder to control and I feel that I need much more effort to achieve the same result. I will try to get use myself to 21lbs.

Come to think of it, I believe the tension on my Cab21 is more than 22lbs. Now I recall that when I compared with my friends 24lbs racket, mine seems to be more tighther. I wonder could it be the case whereby the shop deliberately strung it higher so I have a better chance of breaking the string or breaking the racket which either one will also benefit him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

I play at PUB,SHELL CLUB & Community Centres.
    I play on MON,TUE,THUR,FRI,SAT & SUN, i does
    coaching for students.By the way i also sell some
    badminton products.Where are you from?

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to think of it, I believe the tension on my Cab21 is more than 22lbs. Now I recall that when I compared with my friends 24lbs racket, mine seems to be more tighther.
    Actually, this could also result from using a thinner string, thin strings feel tighter than thicker strings at the same tension. For instance bg65 at 21lbs. doesn't feel as tight as bg66 or bg80 at the same tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by silentlight
    Actually, this could also result from using a thinner string, thin strings feel tighter than thicker strings at the same tension. For instance bg65 at 21lbs. doesn't feel as tight as bg66 or bg80 at the same tension.
    I think you might be right about that theory. My cab21 strung at 22lbs with T68i (which is thinner) definately feels tighter than my new T-10 strung at 24lbs with BG66. I still think that my cab21 was strung way beyond 24lbs. It is extremely tight to the extent that I feel impossible to play net. The birdie will always drop dead when it touches the string.

Marky Mark was right about T-10. Last nite was the first time I used my new T-10. Not only I didn't feel any pain in my shoulder but I feel much more powerful than before with this racket to the extent that I made so much mistakes for hitting the birdie way out of the court. I don't know why some people here said that T-10 is difficult to get used to because I could immediately get used to it without feeling any kind of difficulty at all. Its just the extra power that I think I must learn to control when I clear the birdie and also to train my wrist to produce sharper smash.

Just by using it for 2 hours, I immediately fall in love with this racket and I would like to thank the person that sold his T-10 to me. Now I don't know what shall I do with my cab21 and cab20. I will probably restring my cab21 and sell my cab20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2