User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    In this instance the player playing the stroke should call their own fault. They will know if it is a clean or slung shot.
    You must be playing against monks or some truly honourable people if you're expecting this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
    But if they are doing what is described by Cheung, they are not the type of person who will call their own shots - and I'd just walk off the court against a player like that.
    I have never ever seen a person produce a sling shot the way I described and still try to claim a point off it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    You must be playing against monks or some truly honourable people if you're expecting this.
    I know your comment is tongue and cheek Visor but I was always coached to play fairly. If I play a duff shot I call it. If you cheat to win then all your victories are hollow as you have not won by fair means and in effect you have broken the rules.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I have never ever seen a person produce a sling shot the way I described and still try to claim a point off it.
    I have seen this happen. I have also witnessed bad line calls, rushing the serve, deliberatley slowing down the game to the point where it took a full minute between some points, double hits and other various faults. Some players will use any means to win.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that's what makes badminton somewhat unique. It's a game of trust & honor, in that both you and your opponent will not cheat.

Sometimes I think it's not the fact that it's your opponent is cheating. They just see it at a different point of view/angle, or they are just not too sure of the rules so they defend what they think is correct.

I think it would be best to find a middle-man if such an occassion arises to judge whether it is a fault or not, and if you feel like the middle-man isn't doing their job properly, go up to them, explain to them what you think is right and see how it goes.
    Last edited by CantSmashThis; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2