HELP.....Forza Racket 96 Hole

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ashdelsol7, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    hi guys, please help. I have got to string 2 forza 96 hole rackets (ti500's i think). I have found the forza guide for 96 holes but this shows 1 piece stinging whereas i normally do 2 piece. The racket already has strings in it which have snapped and they have both been strung with 2 piece. The tie offs for the mains are at the top of the racket at A6 or A7 if i remember correctly......this means that the last hole is around 5-6 grommets away and there is a big length where there could be tension loss before the tie off.....is this ok??

Secondly, on the guide it says that you need 6m for the mains and 5m for the crosses so a total of 11m string instead of the normal 10? Can anyone confirm this before i end up cutting/stringing with too short or too long string?!

Forza_96.jpg

2. Valentinas

Valentinas Regular Member

consultant
    Hi

Yes, it is 1 piece stringing usually. But you can use 2 piece stringing as well - it is said in the instructions you have attached. Yes, cross tie off grommet is way away from the last cross. Yes, the crosses are top to bottom. Yes, there are 24 mains. Yes, there are two crosses without a mains between them. Yes, the single grommets are drilled in one line and drive you crasy when you try to go through them. And using exactly 10 meters is very, very uncomfortable, but possible. If you do it the very first time - cut the string longer. Then evaluate the unused pieces of a string and cut a bit shorter.

Regards,
    Valentinas

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

These are interesting to string. If you're my height (six foot ish), seven arm spans will be enough string.

Personally, I string the mains up to #10 normally, then go to #12, then #11, on both sides, and use a starting clamp to main #11 the short side. Then use the long side and go down to the nearest cross (should be #4), continue down the rest of the racket, and tie off. Then use the short side to do the top three crosses.

That's my preferred one-piece method; two piece, I do the mains up to #7, then go 7, 9, 11, 12, 10, 8, and tie them at hole 7 at the top, right next door:).

4. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I did the same way as Mark did with the 2 piece as well as the one piece method. It is a hassle but after a while, you just get used to it.

Also, if you used the generic MBS load spreader (5-prongs), you probably wont be able to fit the racket as the holes are too narrow for the load spreader.

I had another set which i sawed off the ends of the left and right (1-prong each side) and filed them to fit the holes around the racket. This little project ended up with a smaller (3-prongs) load spreader which i think is still better than none.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Agree. It's my most favouritest "playing" pattern by far, but it's undeniably more work the first few times.

The loadspreader issue never came up with me, for some reason, but you can easily do as CK says and saw the 5-hole version down a bit. Those Forza frames are incredibly strong anyway.

6. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

The strings last longer in the racket as they're 24 by 24 pattern but the frames are very very famous for breaking first before the strings does.. hahahaha so good luck!!!

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Maybe I'm just a more accurate hitter than everybody else;).

8. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    thanks everyone, i have never done 1 piece.....but im thinking i might give it a try for this one. I dont have the mbs load spreader. I have a 6 point machine so can normally mount the rackets quite securely, and i have always found that the stresses at 12 and 6 oclock are never as much as at the side mounts. My friend wants the racket strung at 30lbs.....i have warned him about frame/string at this tension but he is not bothered as he said he is getting new forza rackets anyway. I string all my rackets at 30lbs so after playing with one of mine he wants the same, but all my rackets are yonex so this will be a new challenge for me. I have strung a forza 88 hole racket and that was quite straight forward so i am hoping that this will be once i get started on it. Thanks again guys....much appreciated