Possible Fake Racket

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by thoch, Sep 19, 2012.

1. thoch

thoch New Member

I bought a Woods N90ii (Lin Dan) racket prestrung. When it arrived today one of the grommets on the top of the racket was completely twisted out of its socket and then the code on the Li-Ning website is not recognized as being authentic. I think that the code is the following: 31031TBC1228

It is possible that I may be confusing the number 1 with the letter I but it is doubtful.

2012 September 19 - 13.38.48.11.jpg 2012 September 19 - 13.39.41.454.jpg

Will this racket still be OK to play with?

Another thing is that when it arrived it absolutely stank of industrial paint like fumes. What do you reckon about the purchase?

2. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    How much you paid for it and from which website?

3. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

how does the but caps look and which website did you bought from?

4. thoch

thoch New Member

Actually I discovered that it is real. The code is not the one on the racket shaft. Rather there is a sticker on grip which you scratch off to reveal a code and is genuine. However, if you let them string your racket for you as a gift, do keep in mind that you may have a grommet that has been twisted out of its socket (see photo). Not sure how this affects the performance of the racket but looks goofy.