Results 1 to 17 of 17
09-20-2012, 09:18 PM #1
Anyone know if this N90 is real or fake?
won't disclose source to remove bias.
I could it get it to upload so here's the pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/87454513@N02/
09-21-2012, 02:06 AM #2
A few thing strike me:
1. The Li Ning logo of the butt look too flat, it should be rounded.
2. This is a first wave N90, which nearly always (or always) have black grommet. Only the third wave have red/brown.
3. Text at top and bottom of head is longer than expected. The hexigon there looks odd.
Not sure if fake or not, as I don't have the first wave right now.
09-21-2012, 02:08 AM #3
Last edited by tpcml; 09-21-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: wrong description of photo
09-21-2012, 02:18 AM #4
Yeah, the hexagon at the T-joint looks off. The grommet isn't supposed to touch the outside of the hexagon, I think that's a common problem in fakes.
The S2 sticker should also not be slanted like that. Although you might think, "oh the person who stuck it on just messed up", I think that's also often present in fakes.
Also, the racket looks like a first wave like Sir Tpcml said, as there's an old logo on it and it spells out Li-Ning at the t-joint. But then why does the bag and more importantly, the label on the handle, have the new logo?
Optiblue is good at identifying Li-Ning fakes. He should take a look at this.
09-21-2012, 03:59 AM #5
fake, the font styling S2 on butt cap shouldnt look like what's in the picture at all.
09-21-2012, 04:05 AM #6
Hope you did not pay too much for it Really hates to see fake racquets in the market.
09-21-2012, 08:41 AM #7
09-21-2012, 08:51 AM #8
No offence to anyone but just thought about it... Can that S2 sticker be one of the factor to determine the autheticity of LN racquet??? Coz I think that sticket is really easily available... just dont understand why the fakes will not use the same font and size...
09-21-2012, 06:31 PM #9
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM #10
09-21-2012, 07:12 PM #11
Tha bag is also not correct:
1. The small pocket - look at bottom. The zipper should not go all the way around - it should stop about 1cm from the bottom.
2. The New Logo bag has the small Li Ning on sholder pad amd should be centred. The Old Logo bag has the large Li Ning on the shoulder pad, just like the one in the ebay auction.
This is the New Logo bag:
lindanfan321 liked this post
09-22-2012, 07:36 PM #12
So I guess its definitely fake then? Thanks! time to ask for a refund.
09-22-2012, 10:37 PM #13
10-07-2012, 06:57 AM #14
10-07-2012, 04:03 PM #15
Ended up keeping it for $30, they refunded $100
10-08-2012, 03:25 AM #16
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM #17
thanks, next time I'll just spend $200 to get a legit one.