Yonex NS990(Made in Taiwan) Vs NS6600(Made in Japan) Vs Other Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by skybleu, Sep 22, 2012.

1. skybleu

skybleu New Member

Hi:)
    Does anyone know is there any difference in quality of the racquets between those Made in TAIWAN & Made in JAPAN?
    I've been doing some research, some said that the quality of the racquet that made in Japan is better than those Made in Taiwan, is that true?
    That meant the durability of those made in Japan is better???

Does anyone experienced the difference between the NS990 & NS6600?

I like to play doubles, sometimes i play singles also. I choose the Nanospeed series because NS is the ideal racquet for players seeking faster movement and greater maneuverability on court. Besides, it is the most �head-light� series, designed for players with a naturally quick swing and a sharp, attacking playing style.

Any recommendations for any other racquets from other manufacturers (like Apacs, Li-Nings, Wilson, etc...) that have the SIMILAR SPECIFICATION and SAME PRICE range as the Yonex NS990 or NS6600?

If anybody has other recommendations, please suggest them.

Thanks in advance:)

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I think Japan have better quality control..? so less likely of manufacturing defect. But quality shouldn't be too different.

If you have a quick swing speed I would go with a stiffer racket (the NS6600 is flexible i think), the NS9900 would a very good racket but it is very expensive.

For Apacs you should look into Tantrum 200 or 300 for doubles playing with even balanced

3. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    alternatively u cn try fleet voltrant, head light, easy to move ard.. at a fraction of yy cost.u may consider nano series by apacs dubbed clone of ns series of yy..

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

NS990 made in TW.NS6600 and NS9900 made in JP.NS990 spec is untrue, this is not head light at all. BP 305 to 310.Yes, very stiff and repulsive.NS9900 too expensive better go for NR700 or TI-10 cheapest.

5. skybleu

skybleu New Member

Thanks for the suggestion :)
    Yes, the NS9900 is a very good racket, but it is too expensive. Can't afford it >.<

I read that the Tantrum 200 is the same as the Tantrum 300. I also found that 's a Tantrum 500.

Tantrum 200 or 300
    Grommet System: 72 Holes
    Shaft Diameter: 7.5mm
    Weight: 88-90g (3U)
    BCP: 285+3mm (Even Balanced)
    Flex: 7.5-8.0 (Stiff)
    Grip: G2 (G4)
    Length: 675mm
    Max Tension: 35 lbs

Tantrum 500
    Grommet System: 76 Holes
    Shaft Diameter: 7.0mm
    Weight: 88-90g (3U)
    BCP: 290+5mm (Slightly Head Heavy)
    Flex: 8.0-8.5 (Medium Stiff)
    Grip: G2 (G4)
    Length: 675mm
    Max Tension: 38 lbs

What is the Grommet System and the shaft diameter for?

Does anyone tried the Tweet series (e.g. Tweet 6000,7000 or 8000) or the Slayer 99 by Apacs?
    What do u think about the Victor Brave Sword series like BS 11 or 12?
    The racquets mentioned above, which one is more suitable for all round, good performance in control, defense and power and recommended for both offensive and defensive player?

6. flamming

flamming Regular Member

I own a ns990, i own zforce 4U , Ti-10, Arcsaber 009dx and N90 and Ti-10. I found out the most head heavy is arcsaber 009dx among all of them follow by ns990. Most made in Taiwan racket are suitable for single game play but not double, i believe that due to their lower grade material, they need to put more meats at the frame to prevent it cracks hence most of the Taiwan Yonex racket is head-heavy, i suggest u get Arcsaber 008dx if u have no budget for Yonex made in Japan, this is the only taiwan yonex racket that have balance points of around 285-290mm.

7. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Hi I own a nanoray 80, made in Taiwan. Max tension as stated on cone is 24lbs, though I know true max tension is higher than this. I really love this racket and it's feel but I want to string tensions like 27 or 28 lbs. Can it take such tensions without breaking easily? Otherwise any idea of the true max tension of such a racket? I know it will void the warranty.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I wouldn't say that the durability of Japan made racquets are better than Taiwan made ones. I have an ~20year old Carbonex 7 made in Taiwan that is still as solid as a rock.

I see the difference mainly being that higher end racquets are made in Japan which are those with the new advanced materials/technology. Given that market/knock off competition is so fierce, it makes sense to give yourself the best chance to retain that knowledge and latest innovations at least within your country. If you had factories in Taiwan, China etc making your top end racquets there would be a risk of workers leaking information and your company technological secrets.

After all with fake racquets looking so real these days, the only thing that will always differentiate them is the material inside and how they play. Its like KFC, copy cats may look the same, but does it taste the same? ;)

9. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    Yep, the quality of yonex made in taiwan rackets is definitely lower than the made in japan ones. I'm not making this statement because of the price, but rather real life experience. All the stringers here in singapore would not even dare to put string on tension higher than 24 on yonex taiwan rackets, they say it'll break. My stringer back in indonesia also says the same thing.
    Maybe the made in japan one has a good quality control and material, you can see the pros using 30+ ibs tension on made in japan rackets, proves the quality difference

10. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I have MP10 light stated 22 but i strung it at 25.NS990 stated 25 and i give it at 28x26.The only poor is the paint and feel.You cant have power and fast swing for Taiwan made racket.

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the ns990 is pretty awesome and probably best bang for the buck if you ask me, for doubles anyway. because of the stiffness of the shaft, it allows you to have really accurate shots if you have a fast swing. but given that you play doubles, your reaction should be a lot faster, thus, your swing will be faster as well. nanospeed series are made (generally) head light. of course there are variations of head light to almost even balance. if you're looking for even balance then take a look at muscle power or arcsaber series. i would recommend the arc8dx, but it's quite pricey compared to the ns990 but it has a really stiff shaft so it might be what you're looking for. then to the head heavy series like the armortec and voltric series. of all the rackets, i still love playing doubles with my armortec900t or my voltric 70. tho they are head heavy, they aren't that heavy in a swing, so i am able to defend quite well. most importantly is to try out different rackets.

maybe i'm not that sensitive to how a racket feels, but the only thing i notice is the paint job quality. japanese made paint jobs are top notch, while those from taiwan are quite good, just don't have that edge compared to those from japan. i respectfully disagree that they make the taiwanese rackets heavier because they put more material in them just to strengthen them. but if there's solid proof please feel free to share, i would like to know :)