User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 49
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Looking to form group for SAT noon @ Bishan Branch Office/Sports Hall



    Currently we have 2 ppl and we are just average players. All ages are welcome!

    Level of play: High Beginner - Low Intermediate

    Time: Preferably 2-4pm

    If interested kindly pm me or reply here. If there are enough people we can try to book and play weekly, thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dover Crescent
    Posts
    10,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can host it if you guys would not mind

    Please call directly @ 9105 5252 to make enquires Strictly no posting, PM nor sms to reply us Thanks

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for your kind attention. However, we will like to keep it a small group (abt 4-6) by sharing the overall cost.

    Third party organizer generally tend to charge much higher so as to pay off the effort. But, Thanks anyway

    Quote Originally Posted by pchospital View Post
    We can host it if you guys would not mind

    Please call directly @ 9105 5252 to make enquires Strictly no posting, PM nor sms to reply us Thanks

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Updated, now we have 3. Few more to go....

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dover Crescent
    Posts
    10,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure, happy organising

    Just to let you know a bit more, our session have been on going for some time and throughout the years those who charge low or by sharing the overall cost had either increase the fees or disappeared
    Last edited by pchospital; 08-16-2012 at 05:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inbox View Post
    Updated, now we have 3. Few more to go....
    Me, me interested to join you. PM you liao.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    utopia
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    base on my few years playing in singapore, the average for 2 hours with 8 person should be SGD 4, SGD 5 for 6 person on peak hour.
    Place like bishan branch office will be even cheaper.
    Some people charge up to SGD 7 or SGD 8, it is really too much unless it is at SBH.
    I seen a lot of ppl here like to organise many session for free play for themselve and some even make money from organising. Personally I felt that to make money from your own friend is not so right, but some ppl here may not agreed with me. It's ok.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    utopia
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to share with you guy, I have a friend playing at CSC every sat, they are paying only SGD 25 per months. Every sessions about 10 hours for about 20 persons. Holiday extra game no additional charge. Heard they are playing there for more than 5 years.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure. No worries

    Don worry i have no doubt about you or any third party organizer and we are not thinking of lowing the cost nor overcharge. Fair and just will do.

    Moreover its common for ppl to come and go too, just like you won't be wearing the same pants forever too right. Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by pchospital View Post
    Sure, happy organising

    Just to let you know a bit more, our session have been on going for some time and throughout the years those who charge low or by sharing the overall cost had either increase the fees or disappeared

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Absolutely! Agree.. I felt that some (not pointing to any particular) really went overboard with the price, which i feel abuse/insult this beautiful game. Simple mathematics can draw out the potential difference and deter many beginners to even approach this sports

    Replied your pm

    Quote Originally Posted by sim2peter View Post
    base on my few years playing in singapore, the average for 2 hours with 8 person should be SGD 4, SGD 5 for 6 person on peak hour.
    Place like bishan branch office will be even cheaper.
    Some people charge up to SGD 7 or SGD 8, it is really too much unless it is at SBH.
    I seen a lot of ppl here like to organise many session for free play for themselve and some even make money from organising. Personally I felt that to make money from your own friend is not so right, but some ppl here may not agreed with me. It's ok.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's willing buyer even if the fee seems exorbitant. I know a group that levy $3 for an evening session at a cc on weekdays. My friend's group whom I joined occassionately play at which ever available cc on saturdays can manage $4 per person. I think the organiser's objective for those groups is not to make money and hence a fair fee.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    utopia
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It think it is very nice if the group of ppl share the cost evenly.
    Let me do some simple calcultion:
    If I book 4 courts at SBH for 2 hours each. Total court fee is SGD 9.6 (after membership discount for outside court) x 2 hours x 4 courts = SGD 76.8

    Let's say I get 8 person per court and I charge SGD 10 each person, total amount I collected will be SGD 10 x 8 person x 4 courts = SGD 320
    If I use 4 tube of shuttles and total cost is SGD 80.00

    I can earn SGD 320 - SGD 80 - SGD 76.8 = 163.20


    If I organise 2 times per week, 4 weeks I will make SGD 163.20 x 2 times x 4 weeks = 1305.60 per/4week
    1 year I will make SGD 16,972.80

    Convert to RM will be RM 42,432.00

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Exactly... Peeps pls open your eyes and judge whether the amount is fair. Do not allow these "evil merchant" to grim and smirk behind you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sim2peter View Post
    It think it is very nice if the group of ppl share the cost evenly. Let me do some simple calcultion:If I book 4 courts at SBH for 2 hours each. Total court fee is SGD 9.6 (after membership discount for outside court) x 2 hours x 4 courts = SGD 76.8Let's say I get 8 person per court and I charge SGD 10 each person, total amount I collected will be SGD 10 x 8 person x 4 courts = SGD 320If I use 4 tube of shuttles and total cost is SGD 80.00 I can earn SGD 320 - SGD 80 - SGD 76.8 = 163.20 If I organise 2 times per week, 4 weeks I will make SGD 163.20 x 2 times x 4 weeks = 1305.60 per/4week1 year I will make SGD 16,972.80 Convert to RM will be RM 42,432.00

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    utopia
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by inbox View Post
    Exactly... Peeps pls open your eyes and judge whether the amount is fair. Do not allow these "evil merchant" to grim and smirk behind you!
    Actually this is what Lyefam mentioned it is willing buyer and willing seller.
    But I do believed that as friend, we should play together, share together. not taking advantage on each others. We should not make money on friend unless you are living on something like insurance, property, or even taxi dirver.

    For what you are doing, I really respect you from my heart!
    Keep up the good work and hope more ppl will do the same like you.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wah!.......the profit sibei power lol

    Hi sim2peter, thanks for the calculation, now have a clearer picture of how ppl use this to make $$.

    Quote Originally Posted by sim2peter View Post
    It think it is very nice if the group of ppl share the cost evenly.
    Let me do some simple calcultion:
    If I book 4 courts at SBH for 2 hours each. Total court fee is SGD 9.6 (after membership discount for outside court) x 2 hours x 4 courts = SGD 76.8

    Let's say I get 8 person per court and I charge SGD 10 each person, total amount I collected will be SGD 10 x 8 person x 4 courts = SGD 320
    If I use 4 tube of shuttles and total cost is SGD 80.00

    I can earn SGD 320 - SGD 80 - SGD 76.8 = 163.20


    If I organise 2 times per week, 4 weeks I will make SGD 163.20 x 2 times x 4 weeks = 1305.60 per/4week
    1 year I will make SGD 16,972.80

    Convert to RM will be RM 42,432.00

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leeyihshyang View Post
    Wah!.......the profit sibei power lol

    Hi sim2peter, thanks for the calculation, now have a clearer picture of how ppl use this to make $$.

    I think the calculation is a bit over simplified and the costing is not quite accurate especially on the cost of shuttles. Cheap shuttles don't last and you won't get 32 players willing to pay $10 week in week out.

    Want to earn a profit from orgainsing is possible but it would not be lucrative as illustrated. Not sure how the final figure in RM is relevant to a Singaporean organiser.

    The main point is clear

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    utopia
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyefam View Post
    I think the calculation is a bit over simplified and the costing is not quite accurate especially on the cost of shuttles. Cheap shuttles don't last and you won't get 32 players willing to pay $10 week in week out.

    Want to earn a profit from orgainsing is possible but it would not be lucrative as illustrated. Not sure how the final figure in RM is relevant to a Singaporean organiser.

    The main point is clear
    I am a simple person and can only do simple calculation.
    What are the cost involve?
    Only courts and shuttle. May be some of you want to add in the bus fare, electricity bill for internet booking, water or drink? I don't know how to calculate on all those costs. Too complicated for me.
    If you go round to see what shuttle they ues normally, you should know how much is the shuttle. How many really use more than SGD 30 per tube shuttle?
    Many of them even went to malaysia to buy shuttle. If you guy don't believe, please calculate how many shuttle used and how much is the total cost at the end of the game.
    I can guarantee you my calculation is already over estimate.
    I convert to RM is because I am from Malaysia, as simple as that, the amount of money may not attractive to most of the singaporean but not to me.

    For SGD 10 /game, you can see very common in SBH, I know many group is playing there. Their court is generally higher than other courts.

    To make thing simple, we can make a comparison between the 2 groups. You can see some group is charging SGD 8 each for 10 hours booking for 26 person. But on the other hand, some one can charge only SGD 4 each for 10 hours booking for 20 person.
    What is the reason behind?
    Please enlighten.
    Last edited by sim2peter; 08-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •