Carlon Vapour Trail Tour/Razor v1.1/Kinesis Comparison

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gundamzaku, Sep 22, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    they all came with Carlton Xelerate X67 8KH string, strung at around 22~23lbs.

swing feel:

vapour trail tour felt even balance
    razor felt head heavy because i picked the one that has head heavy characteristics
    kinesis actually felt a bit head light, but has some weight on it so it's not as light as my nanospeed 9000 or 9900.

the most interesting thing is that the kinesis has a frame that's twisted at 3/9 o clock on the frame, as well as the shaft. and the razor has a few cross strings wrapped around the OUTSIDE of the frame instead of going thru grommets.

the vapour trail tour is just solid like the arc10 3u. it just feels balance in my hand swinging and hitting with it.

the kinesis felt a bit head light, but because of the flexible shaft i was able to generate some power. however, it still felt solid tho it's head light because of the twisted frame and shaft. it is a great doubles racket because the frame is so compact, and with their micro grommet system it's pretty good. micro grommet system is just another way of saying smaller grommets...hahahaha. it is compact but still feel very solid.

the razor is an odd racket, besides the head heavy balance that i have experience numerous times, everything else about this racket is somewhat odd. the feeling is odd, the hitting sound is very odd. the 4 cross strings at 3 and 9 o'clock that wrap around the outside of the frame increases the tension on the mains at the edge of the frame. this pins all the mains at a certain tension which is pretty cool. something important to note is that the feeling of hitting with this new design string bed is like slapping a shuttle with a mousepad that's made by soft rubber. the whole 45 minutes i kept looking at the stringbed wondering if i had snapped it.

overall i think i can smash pretty well with all of the rackets because all of them swing pretty heavy. i think the kinesis is my favorite of the three because of the compact frame and semi head light balance it is great for doubles, however, it has enough weight that when i smash, the shuttle actually flies somewhere.

in a few weeks i'll be restringing them to do a more accurate comparison with the same string and tension. right now i can tell that all the strings are at different tension. i also don't know how long the string has been strung on the rackets since they all came from the manufacturer like that with the carlton stencil.

the razor gives a weird feeling, somewhat odd. so it's a hit or miss when it comes to this racket. you'll either love the feel or you'll hate it.
    the vapour trail tour will be like by many who like arcsabers.
    the kinesis is also a one of a kind like the razor in that it's a new design on the frame.

factory recommended tension can go up to 28lbs so i think it is very safe to string them at my low 24lbs tension. i wonder what string i should try? yup, you got it, victor vs850 baby!!!

if you have any questions about these rackets let me know and i'll try to answer them, if i don't have them yet, i'll remember to do more testing this coming week and report to you guys as soon as i can. have a great weekend!

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Where'd you get them from?

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    badminton alley