Lin Dan racket strings

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by jabbar90, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jabbar90

jabbar90 New Member

hello i wanted to know if lin dan still uses yonex strings or uses li ning strings. i only ask as i found out zhang nan uses yonex nanogy 95.

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    He use li ning string la.. the whole china team use Li ning string

3. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

china team uses yonex strings. came into a richmond shop once holding all JP versions of BG 80's and 65's asking for some stringing to be done for their team for canada open

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Lin Dan himself :eek: or one of the CHinese team coach ? :confused:

5. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Were you there at the shop when that happened and witnessed the whole event ;)

If not then it is very hard to not believe what you have said is a marketting ploy by the shop owner who just happens to carry JP versions of BG80 and BG65. It is not hard to understand that sometimes when the Chinese team does not have their own stringing team and equipment available for a tournament then they will resort to the all time dependable Yonex strings but to insist that they have not moved on from Yonex is a bit farfetched.

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Honestly speaking , the whole china team is using Li Ning string.

7. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I worked there and we were checking out the li ning rackets that had a special emblem on the cone that only the chinese national team has.
    The two letters JP advertise themselves to any person who knows a bit more about their yonex merchandise anyway, no need for advertising.
    Yonex booths at the tournaments normally only do the yonex rackets for free and everyone else has to pay for their stringing. I'm not too sure why didn't just pay and chose to go to a badminton centre. But they indeed handed us a good 5 packs of yonex strings.

Not very far fetched at all, yonex simply makes better strings, and the national team uses what's the best.

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Huh ? Any photo ? :confused:

9. Blitzzards

If you checked the Li Ning racquets goodly then there would have been a sticker on the butt cap labelling each racquet with the name of the user/owner. Perhaps you do not read Chinese but could you remember anything like that?

And by the way, just like the Yonex CP, KP, IN, MA etc. international player assigned racquets, the Li-Ning "CP marked" racquets have also been reportedly sold off to some special public contacts. What were the stringing tensions like if you could remember?

I certainly did not get people's attentions a few years ago when I sent in my CP coded 1st gen Ti-10 requesting 24lbs with JP coded BG65 Power ;)

10. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

didn't take their pictures, but their cones don't have a serial number and instead they have a emblem. it's in the style of the traditional stamps too.

11. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Not necessarily, and I am a native Chinese speaker. We handled a few of Luo Ying and Luo Yu's rackets, I remember seeing their names.

They asked for different tension on different rackets. They did ask for 34lbs on BG-80, and the stringer said he'll do it for the BG-65 but not BG-80.
    Bare in mind, this was 2010 Canada Open, a while ago, when li ning still hasn't developed their full line of products. Simply stated, fact is chinese coach (which I saw sitting in the coach's bench) used yonex strings.

A CP coded Ti-10 is pretty rare stuff, but not as rare as a Chinese national team coach and Li Yong Bo's son walking in.

12. Blitzzards

There we go! Problem solved :D

Given that the 2010 Canadian Open occurred in July 13-18, and that the Li-Ning NS series of strings started production in about the same time or maybe earlier in smaller quantities or later, it is then not far fetched to still have some of the Chinese players to have slight preference for Yonex strings (let's say for one or two of their backup racquets). Things would have changed since the start of 2011, when I believe most if not all of the Chinese players would have grown accustomed to the new Li-Ning NS string series after having a lot of practice and training with them.

So your statement that "china team uses yonex strings" is not accurate any longer.

13. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Still don't understand why you guys were up my tail. Is BC full of people who like to correct people's usage of past or present tense?

Being completely honest here, I'd probably still place a bet that Chinese national team is still using Yonex strings.

Funny thing is, just because they're sponsored by Li-Ning doesn't mean they have to use their strings. clothes, racket and bag perhaps, but from my understanding, things like strings and shoes are normally up to the players to choose. (except for Lin dan, he just gets a line of shoes for himself).

Any pictures for proof that they use Li-Ning Strings Blitzzards? Until you can prove that they use Li-Ning strings, i'm going to continue with my personal experience as a source of judgement to say "Chinese team uses Yonex Strings".

Still remember talking to the stringers at the Canada open, lots players that are sponsored by brands other than yonex like to use yonex strings too, and I don't think the Chinese team -must- use Li-Ning Strings.

14. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hey guys , just to let you all know , As Lin dan is sponsor by Li ning , they are not allowed to used other brand stuff such as Yonex or Victor. Come on think about it, if Lin dan is using Yonex, why would his Li ning shoe selling like hot cakes locally and in Asia, also NS 95 Li ning string Top seller of all Li ning Range. NS 95 is the string use by current China team.

15. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I don't doubt the visible stuff, there must be something that binds them from using other brands. Neither am I saying "everyone in the china team uses yonex strings."
    But it's not like anyone would even know what strings Lin Dan is using if they're all just white with a stencil of a brand.

16. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    If someone here says Lin Dan or china team is using Other brand, show me the picture, then i believe.
    Now is china super league, they are sponsor by their team, Bai Yi team sponsor by Li ning , hence cannot use other brand.

17. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Trying not to beat a dead cow, but same logic, show me a picture of every single China team's player's racket and prove they aren't using yonex strings, then i'll be completely convinced.
    Meanwhile, I'm going with my personal experience through contact with the China team and say that a li-ning sponsored team with a li-ning sponsored coach handed me packs of yonex string to restring their rackets.

I've been a long time and avid reader (though I do not always comment) of BC and the spirit of discussion is what's always amazed me between the mods and top commentors like Sir Dinkalot or ants. But this post with Blitzzards and Ferrerkiko speaking like their words are the law just completely put me off from commenting on a post. Just having people critique everything you say and asking for pictures is very annoying. If it's always like this, then I might as well go to 4Chan and just keep saying "UMADBRO?" and "PICS OR GTFO".

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    here people are saying, China team use Yonex string, i can also say Korea team use yonex.
    But that is not true, basically the korea and taiwan team are using Victor VS800 and 850 string now.

19. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

proof. now.

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Wow !!! Pity you did not take any pixs ... so are these emblems laser-etched or "stamped" in or just decals ... ?