YONEX Nanospeed - NS990

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lee Albert, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Lee Albert

Lee Albert New Member

Manager
    Dear ALL

Need some profesional advice on choosing a Yonex racket for ten year old boy, (U10) have been training for almost 2 years. Currently using Yonex NS200 needs to change and he prefers YONEX NS990, due to atractive shinning orange colour & design. Wanted to buy NS6600 fro him, due to flexible & lightness, but he is not so keen on the design/color.

Yonex NS990 - headlight series, medium/stiff : compared to NS200 - or other recomendations.

Thank you.
    (Kuala Lumpur)

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Go and look at Nanoray 60 or 80 - that will be the new Yonex "replacement" for NS990.

Nanoray are even SHINIER than NS and you can check them out at Sports Direct (SJ or 1-Utama).

Check out at www.yonex.com ... see digital catalogue

Seems to me like your boy is "moving up" towards head-heavy racquets ... another option is the Carbonex 8000Ti ... that is the one both my son (age 9) and I (backup to my VT7) are using.

#2 maxout, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    teach your son that looks are deceiving :)

on a more serious note, i agree that a carbonex would be decent enough for a little boy to use. he is still growing and readjusting to the growth in the game.

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

NS990 is extra stiff and head heavy.I need to build strong muscle to master it.Not suitable for kid.VT7 medium, head heavy but light and easy to swing. Good for beginner and kid. I try it before and much better than NS990.

5. flamming

flamming Regular Member

NS990 is very head heavy...i really wonder why yonex rate it as headlight....i would say best stay away from this racket...i felt it is heavy than my N90.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i find badminton alley's rating pretty close to what i usually feel when i use that particular racket, so i'm going to go with badminton alley's rating and say that it's head light/even balance. the only reasonable explanation for it being possibly heavy is that the contribution from the swing weight. if it's a 3u and being even balance, it might be heavy to some. in my opinion, the n90 feels more like my arc 10 2u, so maybe that's why.

never paid attention, but just realized it's extra stiff, interesting!!!