User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 4u and 3u headlight too light for all round use for most people, best with slightly head heavy 3u just like my NS100.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by puvenisvaran View Post
    how if i want to buy carlton kinesis? vapour is good or kinesis is good for doubles?
    i recently bought a kinesis, a razor, and the vapour trail tour. i would say for doubles it's a tie between kinesis and razor. the vapour trail tour feels more like an arc10, a bit sluggish. i got the head heavy razor and it felt like an AT900T, and the kinesis felt a bit head light like the ns9900 but with a tad bit more weight overall!

the razor felt a bit hollow, but different type of hollow compared to the SW35. the kinesis is totally solid, it just felt really really solid for such a thin frame. i love them both!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i recently bought a kinesis, a razor, and the vapour trail tour. i would say for doubles it's a tie between kinesis and razor. the vapour trail tour feels more like an arc10, a bit sluggish. i got the head heavy razor and it felt like an AT900T, and the kinesis felt a bit head light like the ns9900 but with a tad bit more weight overall!

the razor felt a bit hollow, but different type of hollow compared to the SW35. the kinesis is totally solid, it just felt really really solid for such a thin frame. i love them both!!!
    Slightly confused by this quote when compared to my own experience. If you find the Razor like an AT900T then doesn't that make it reasonably head heavy? The ARC10 is head light in comparison with the AT900T (or at least it always has when I have played with friends rackets) so should feel quicker (not taking into account exotic frame shapes). The VT tour has a similar weight to the 3U yonex rackets so that doesn't account for the difference either.

When I tried the VT tour it felt a bit less head heavy than the ARC10 and lighter too, although that could be racket variation. It felt similar in weight to a 4U AT900P (never tried the T in a game) but less heady heavy and felt quite light when I swung it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the helps in analyzing this. After many deliberations, I have decided to go with either Bravesword 11 or Bravesword 12. I feel Victor will be a nice change from the usual Yonex racket all things being equal.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Is BS11 simply a stiffer BS12? Is the 3U or 4U version better for doubles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    Thanks for all the helps in analyzing this. After many deliberations, I have decided to go with either Bravesword 11 or Bravesword 12. I feel Victor will be a nice change from the usual Yonex racket all things being equal.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Is BS11 simply a stiffer BS12? Is the 3U or 4U version better for doubles?
    BS11 is stiffer and head heavier. BS12 is medium in terms of stiffness, and even balanced. I think mine was around BP292 and was on the high side; they're normally around BP287-290. Unless you arms are like noodles (as in you have absolutely no muscle whatsoever), 3U is perfectly fast for doubles and will give you more power than 4U. Even in 3U, Braveswords are probably some of the fastest rackets out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go and check the Victor website, they are pretty good and informative about their range and also list down the players that use the racquets. If I am not mistaken Lee Hyun il (singles) and a couple of doubles players also used BS11.

I will go for BS11 for a more balance racquet in terms of head-heavy and stiffness. Go and check, I cannot remember off hand as I am now too distressed after breaking my Cab20 last night !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    BS11 is stiffer and head heavier. BS12 is medium in terms of stiffness, and even balanced. I think mine was around BP292 and was on the high side; they're normally around BP287-290. Unless you arms are like noodles (as in you have absolutely no muscle whatsoever), 3U is perfectly fast for doubles and will give you more power than 4U. Even in 3U, Braveswords are probably some of the fastest rackets out there.
    For the sake of keeping with the topic, if there's only these two rackets in the world, which one in your opinion would be the ultimate all rounder for doubles?

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    Go and check the Victor website, they are pretty good and informative about their range and also list down the players that use the racquets. If I am not mistaken Lee Hyun il (singles) and a couple of doubles players also used BS11.

I will go for BS11 for a more balance racquet in terms of head-heavy and stiffness. Go and check, I cannot remember off hand as I am now too distressed after breaking my Cab20 last night !!!
    Oh no, what happened? Sorry for your lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    I am now too distressed after breaking my Cab20 last night !!!
    That's quite bad. Was it because of a clash? I'm surprised because I've heard how robust Cab's are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the sake of keeping with the topic, if there's only these two rackets in the world, which one in your opinion would be the ultimate all rounder for doubles?
    Out of those two, I personally prefer the BS11, but I'd have to say the 12. It's more even balanced so it'll be more maneuverable for doubles. Softer shaft is easier to use while still providing decent power. I think almost anyone who has used it will agree that the BS12 is one of the most easily accessible rackets, yet has plenty of room to 'expand' for more advanced players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maxout

Never mind, I found your other post. Sorry about your favourite racket.
    Last edited by sayshh; 09-27-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    Slightly confused by this quote when compared to my own experience. If you find the Razor like an AT900T then doesn't that make it reasonably head heavy? The ARC10 is head light in comparison with the AT900T (or at least it always has when I have played with friends rackets) so should feel quicker (not taking into account exotic frame shapes). The VT tour has a similar weight to the 3U yonex rackets so that doesn't account for the difference either.

When I tried the VT tour it felt a bit less head heavy than the ARC10 and lighter too, although that could be racket variation. It felt similar in weight to a 4U AT900P (never tried the T in a game) but less heady heavy and felt quite light when I swung it.
    when i play doubles i usually hold the racket at the cone, and the AT900T i have is 4u, so weight dramatically decrease when i hold it close to the cone. and the actual weight to swing weight is different. for the most part i'm referring to the swing weight which only has somewhat relevance to the actual weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your help in choosing.

I have bought a Victor BS12. Testing it tomorrow night. Will try to put in a review for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Bravesword 12 (BS12)

3U version
    Weight with VS850 string and original grip = 89-90g (electronic scale)
    BP with VS850 string and original grip = 300mm (Is this normal?)

Forgot to measure without string. Didn't change the grip cause it's a nice, white color.

First impression: Can really feel the speed of the head. Racket feels good and solid. There's a "whoosh" sound when swung. Hopefully it's not too loud during a game. Wouldn't want to attract attention. Waiting to test drive it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

congrats on your new racket, it's gonna be fun! tho the VS850 doesn't hold tension well, as long as you or your stringer prestretch prior to stringing you'll be fine, and the string is FUN!!! have a great time with it tomorrow!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch out - there is a BS12 eager to get some ACTION !!

Enjoy your racquet, it is a great one - now, the HARDER STEP - improve your technique ...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Bravesword 12 (BS12)

3U version
    Weight with VS850 string and original grip = 89-90g (electronic scale)
    BP with VS850 string and original grip = 300mm (Is this normal?)

Forgot to measure without string. Didn't change the grip cause it's a nice, white color.

First impression: Can really feel the speed of the head. Racket feels good and solid. There's a "whoosh" sound when swung. Hopefully it's not too loud during a game. Wouldn't want to attract attention. Waiting to test drive it tomorrow.
    If you overgrip it, it will drop to under 295. Mine was 287 with a Karakal PU Super replacement grip.

Generally I found the 12 too headlight for my liking, making the shaft feel stiffer than it was and not giving me enough punch from the back court. If you're a fast swinger you'll have no problem though.

The old asian spec or current US spec BS11 is probably my favourite all-round doubles racket. Good alternatives that are equally as nice but just different in feel are the Kason TSF500, and Victor MX60.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Referring to the latest Victor's chart... currently MX-60 is the centre of all-round products

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...55#post1979155

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast