User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here come the other brands in the mix.. Apacs, Carlton, Wilson.

- 3U head light or 4U even balance
    - Medium flex
    - Isometric frame
    - Speed features (i.e thin shaft, frame)
    - Decent power
    - Excellent for shot placement
    The above attributes look about right for doubles. However, 3U or 4U depends on the technique, 4U could cause some trouble in generating enough power for smashes or clears from the back of the court (may require more effort). I went through a racket selection phase recently (specifically Yonex), and feel the Arcsaber series is what you should be looking for.

Perhaps you could make the above list as a checklist and run few of the shortlisted rackets through it. The racket that ticks the maximum boxes is the one you should go for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you are looking for Arcsaber 7

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    I don't have the luxury of trying out rackets so I would have to buy it based on theory. I am an average player who do okay in everything, excels in none. Usually beat my opponent through good shuttle placement.

After theorizing, I conclude that the ultimate all around racket for singles and doubles are different. Since doubles are quicker, I would think a great all around racket would have to be excellent in defense while still good in offense. How about these criteria for a start:

- Medium flex
    - Isometric frame
    - Decent power

What would be the ultimate racket with these criteria? Or is my theory wrong?
    we all have different playing style, no two are alike, so whatever racket suits your playing style best is deemed the "ultimate" weapon of choice. pretty simple.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    Carlton Vapour trail tour might be another one to consider, mid flex, mid balance quite light overall but not ridiculously light. I think the 8DX might be a little too stiff for a general all around racket for a "general" player. Might struggle slightly to generate power.
    bought my vapour trail tour last wkend, love the paint job, shiny silver, maybe i'm just flamboyant. just holding it feels like a 3u, but swinging it feels a lot heavier than you would expect from a 3u. packs a punch for smashes but (at least to me) sluggish in the front court while pushing the shuttle back down with drives. kinda flexible so it helps with my whippy backhand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Yonex Arcsaber 9 FL (4U) would also fit the bill well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess this mean you are not going to give good old Carbonex 20 a look at all then ?

Poor Carbonex, sniff, sniff .... - well, good luck with your search

PS: Go and give Victor Bravesword 11 a swing .... it meets all your listed criteria ...

I don't have the luxury of trying out rackets so I would have to buy it based on theory. I am an average player who do okay in everything, excels in none. Usually beat my opponent through good shuttle placement.

After theorizing, I conclude that the ultimate all around racket for singles and doubles are different. Since doubles are quicker, I would think a great all around racket would have to be excellent in defense while still good in offense. How about these criteria for a start:

- Medium flex
    - Isometric frame
    - Decent power

What would be the ultimate racket with these criteria? Or is my theory wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    So I guess this mean you are not going to give good old Carbonex 20 a look at all then ?

Poor Carbonex, sniff, sniff .... - well, good luck with your search

PS: Go and give Victor Bravesword 11 a swing .... it meets all your listed criteria ...
    You know what, I'm pretty sure I used Carbonex 20 a long long time ago! Back then nobody really paid attention to what racket it is as long as it's Yonex. You just go to the store and pick up the rackets one by one until one feels right and within budget.

Theoretically though it doesn't make sense to buy Carbonex 20 now so I can't justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
    I agree. Too bad it's effin pink.
    Last edited by SSSSNT; 09-25-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, I'm pretty sure I used Carbonex 20 a long long time ago! Back then nobody really paid attention to what racket it is as long as it's Yonex. You just go to the store and pick up the rackets one by one until one feels right and within budget.

Theoretically though it doesn't make sense to buy Carbonex 20 now so I can't justify it.

Hahahaa ... you sound just like my junior club players here, they also shared the exact same thoughts and theories like you ...... exception being that each time we play, half-way through the session (when they have tired out a bit), they will come and ask to borrow my Cab 20 to "swing-swing a bit" whenever I am resting !!

I am always happy to oblige and indulge them with the caveat IF they break it, they buy me a NEW CAB 20 !!

BTW, do give Victor Bravesword 11 a good look, it really plays well for both singles and doubles. Reason why I don't own one is because I prefer Carbonex - all things being equal. Should one day, there are no more new replacement Cab 20 on Earth, I will switch over to BS11.
    Last edited by maxout; 09-25-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last point that I want to say here is to look for a racquet that suits your style of play and that you play BEST with it ... don't get sucked in by the manufacturer's marketing hype ... once you get the "right combination" of racquet, string and tension ... stick with it for as long as you can and then focus on improving your techniques until you reach the next level ....

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on what theory doesn't it make sense????????????????????????

I used to use the cab20 in the beginning of my foray into carbon graphite racquets. As what happens, it got swopped around for various different racquets over a number of years.

Slim 10 came and went, Isometric came and went and I went back to a carbonex 22 (quite stiff racquet). One day an old guy asked me to try carbonex 20 agian. I was a bit reluctant - it was already an old model and I had used it before. Anyway, the guy was quite persistent in me trying it out. No harm to try right? Hmm, felt quite OK. Try out for longer - hey, feels comfortable. Ask around a bit and it seemed a lot of ex-international players give it an endorsment. I buy a couple of second hand ones to use and train with. It becomes even more comfortable so I started using it regularly.

Watch TV and I see the racquet being used to win the Olympic final, WC semifinal and WC final in the years 2000 to 2003. That's nearly twenty years after it first came out! I am still using it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sting.kl View Post
    He said he doesn't want pink, although otherwise I would agree.

Suggestions thus far:

- Bravesword 11
    - Kason F9
    - MX60
    - Nanospeed 7000
    - Arcsaber 10
    - Bravesword 09
    - NR800
    - Arcsaber 7
    - Nanoray 700F
    - Superwaves 37
    -
    Bravesword 12
    -
    superwave 35
    -
    armortec 900

With so many suggestions, which one would most people agree is the ultimate all rounder for doubles?
    I would take out any Super Waves as they're a bit slow. I'm sure there will be a bunch of you who say that you have no problem using a Super Waves for doubles and sure it's doable, I used a SW35 for a time too. But relatively speaking, they're slower. Besides the SW35 is quite stiff.

AT900 is stiff compared to most on the list too, so I would take that out. I personally would take the Arc10 out, but that's just my preference.

Then you can decide between head heavy, even balance, and head light and take out a large portion of the list, with only two or three to choose from in each category. At that point you can just choose based on price, availability, and most importantly testing them out! Much easier to test 3 rackets out than 10+!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer this thread goes, the more suggestion you will get... they have been making a point here, aren't they???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I play doubles almost all the time. I would like to know what is the ultimate all rounder racket for doubles player. People have been saying NS9900 but I don't want a stiff racket cause I feel I'm not strong enough. Price is not a factor.

Thanks
    i play doubles also and i want to buy racquet and i want to buy either prince or carlton and i know yonex is good but want to try something new and i am a hard hitter and some times i play as defender but mostly hitter and i am staying at malaysia and give me a good suggestion and that is selling malaysia and i want to buy this week..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question recommendation / comparison to buy good racquet

i play doubles also and i want to buy racquet and i want to buy either prince or carlton and i know yonex is good but want to try something new and i am a hard hitter and some times i play as defender but mostly hitter and i am staying at malaysia and give me a good suggestion and that is selling malaysia and i want to buy this week..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a mention about Carlton Vapour Trail Tour somewhere up this thread. Since you have a specific brand preference, you could consider that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how if i want to buy carlton kinesis? vapour is good or kinesis is good for doubles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by puvenisvaran View Post
    how if i want to buy carlton kinesis? vapour is good or kinesis is good for doubles?
    you won't know just based on seeing the forum and say, ''kinesis is better!'', you'll have to try it yourself on your hand and feel the chemistry between you and the racket, anyway, where are you planing to buy it? do post the address, VT caught up my attention

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast