need comment on the muscle power 27

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by red00ecstrat, Sep 25, 2003.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    as the title

thx guys

2. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

awsome racquet man, its my main racquet stringed with bg 68 ti @ 20 lbs with a BK tuf overgrip:D

performance is good, durability is good control is awsome since its light and getting smashes are easy. the power cant keep up with the high end racquets but if u got skillz, u wont need it. smashes has greatly improved compared 2 my old iso 52 mf:cool:

3. red00ecstrat

thx man. actually i bought that racket but end up i gave it to one of my friend.
    i would say it isn't bad but i've found that mp88 is better in my hand eventhough i believe that they are a bit similar in performance. now my main rackets are my three mp88(s).

4. K-MusclePower

:eek: wow, u got 3 of them, i cant even affored 1, MP 27 is as expensive as i can get:(

5. red00ecstrat

i used to have 4 but one of them was broken after a clash.
    i believe the racket price here in hk is a bit lower than in north america. so whenever u stop by. take a few back home. :)

6. ymerej

ymerej Regular Member

Hi everyone, the Yonex MP-27 is a pretty good racquet. It use to be my main racket for both singles and doubles. It has great smashing power if strung correctly. I prefer using BG68ti, BG80 or BG85 at about 22 lbs. I didnt wanna go over this as many stringers said the life of this racket will be cut short if strung too highly.

Anyways after about a year of playing with this racket I felt that it lacked head stability at times which affected my control. It still smashes great though, very light and good for defence as well.

I currently use this racket only for doubles now, and have got a backup MP-27 as well. Its a medium flex racket and is good for players who dont have as much wrist power to use heavier and stiffer rackets.

I currently now use an Armortec 500 for singles as I feel its has more control than the MP-27. However for me it has less smashing power, but its ok cause I dont mind the trade-off between power for more control for singles.

7. K-MusclePower

wow:eek: 22 lbs?? i thought that the recommended tension was like up 2 18lbs only. i strung mine with bg 68 ti at 20 lbs and already scared it was gonna screw up on me, i guess ill go for 21 lbs next time

8. pommyg

pommyg Regular Member

I have found them pretty damned good.

Pommy