How to wrap replacement grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by seonny, Sep 24, 2012.

1. seonny

seonny Regular Member

Hey all,

I had removed the original grip when I went to try out towel grips, now switching back to PU as I find they are a little more comfortable for me.

My question: do I overlap when wrapping the replacement grip? I'll be using an overgrip on top of it. Thanks for any info

2. seonny

seonny Regular Member

Can't seem to find the edit button for the first post, but the grip is a the Yonex Nanospeed replacement grip (AC119BEX), it's about 1.6mm thick.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    when you took off the original grip, did it overlap, basically just do what the manufacturer does with their original grip. so for the first time, pay attention to how it's wrapped, then cut your grip to the exact same length and shape, and you're all good. from my personal experience, whenever i replace the original grip with a replacement grip, the grip ends up being thicker for some reason.......

4. seonny

seonny Regular Member

Thanks gundam, that's exactly what I did. Didn't notice that the grip has a designated area for a very slight overlap :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    in the end as long as your grip size don't enlarge too much, then you're good. i mean, basically someone at the factory put those grips on, so i'm sure anyone can duplicate the process with practice. :)