Ti10 not serving me well anymore

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by **KZ**, Sep 24, 2012.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I have this Ti10...really enjoyed playing with it for a while...it's amazing at first...perfect weight for attacking and defending...all rounder....but lately....I've lost about 12 kgs trying to get leaner and hitting the gym....haven't been playing for a long time...I realise my movements are faster....but the racket is not serving me well anymore....smashes are weak, defending is worse than ever...I used to play at 27lbs...but someone advised me not to go too high with Ti10 as the frame cannot take that much? So I went down to 26lbs...since then I can't hit shuttles correctly.....a lot of mishits....is the tension affecting me? am I not yet used to my lighter frame (I tend to miss jumping smashes)? Is the racket too light for me? Need expert advice please!

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I went from a Ti-10 to even balanced racquets such as the Arc Saber 8Dx and Z-Slash which have helped as my shoulder couldn't put up with the head heavy 2U Ti-10.

Is your Ti-10 3U or 2U? If it's a 3U and you ever decide to sell it, let me know! :)

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i'm no expert but it seemed the key is that u havent played in a long time...and also because you have been going to the gym. your body's muscles have memory. when you do something over and over again, it remembers. that's why practice will make perfect, in sports, music, anything. when you stop playing, you tend to lose that muscle memory, but not by much. the thing is, when you hit the gym, change the way you use your muscles, you change that muscle memory. so besides the fact that you haven't play in a while, your muscles had also gotten used to weights and whatever else you are doing when you train in the gym...even if you're trying to leaner and not bulk.

there's nothing wrong with the racket besides the fact that the tension may be too high but that's for racket experts. but if you are in fact leaner now than before, all you need to do is have a little patience, start practicing all the different shots. give yourself a few months, then you'll be back in good form :) don't expect that because you've improved in the gym, your game should improve as well.

lastly, you said you tend to misjump when you jump smash, that's just means your timing is off, it's got nothing to do with your racket. maybe you're lighter now so you're faster, now you gotta recalibrate your timing when you jump.

in my opinion, judging from the improvements you've made, it's a good thing. getting quicker is the hard part, now just take some time and get your swings back inline. congrats on the improvements!!

4. hasbul04

hasbul04 Regular Member

businesman
    ti10 is best ever yonex racket i have play.i owned 5 ti10 2u before i changed to VZF.my tension is 30lbs.its depends on a person who restring your racket.its never broke and crack when i restring my racket for 30 lbs.for my personel opinion,i thing u must restring your racket higher than you restring b4.28lbs i recommend and use bg66 ultimax.

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yes mistiming is a huge problem i'm having...perhaps you are right...I need more time to adjust to the game....I tend to jump higher now and miss the shuttle in mid air...embarassing and frustrating

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I've told many that I'm using Ti10 and all of them told me how fragile the racket is...but so far its ok...fingers crossed....yes I love it when I first bought it...good power and defense....just the right weight for me when I bought it....now looking for a slightly more head heavy racket

7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    I agree that ti10 has a fragile frame.i hv friend who is using 2u n strung it at 26,n he is a hard hitter n n the raket didnt last long.all of previous 5 ti10 facing the same problem too.regarding missjumping,thats easy bro.u just need more practise to get ur accuracy.therd is nothng wrong with ur raket.it is just u r getting lighter bro.congratz:)

8. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I think the main reason the Ti10 is not serving you well anymore is because you have stronger muscles and you lost the speed in your wrist. The Ti10 is a head light racket and suitable for fast wrist movements. So try to play with your wrist again. If you want more power and have a stronger arm, you can try even balance or even head heavy rackets.

I was at the gym once, and the first sessions worked out for me. But after a month, I discovered I wasn't getting tired anymore, but the speed of racket movement slowed down. Bigger muscles are slower. Compare a body builder with an athlete and know were they are trained for.

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    This is something I hear a lot of people say and it baffles me. I'm not sure about the other variants of the ti-10 as much, but a 2U Gen-1 is far from head light. It is the most head heavy isometric racquet I have used. I would love to try a 3U to see if there's any difference in balance though.

10. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

On the 2nd and 3rd generation, it's literately written on the racket it's a head light balance. It was not printed on the 1st gen, but it felt more even balanced, but after measuring the balance of all 3 generations, the 1st gen was even the most head lightest (See also Ti10 LTD posts). But the 1st gen I measured was a G5 gripsize, so it may count. I'm not sure what model Ti10 the topic starter plays with, so may **KZ** give us more information. I really think testing an even balance or head heavy racket will give you the right answers. Don't blame the racket. I'm a big fan of the Ti10 too! There is a racket for anyone, but no racket for everyone.

#10 CarbonexFan, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It is written "headlight" on the racket as a whole for the Ti series imo, of which the Ti-10 is the most headheavy and 2nd and 3rd gen are practically even balanced in the 285-290mm range. Read original gen1 (199x-2002) is headheavier and SP (2002-2006?) is different from the original already. As for 2U-4U usually have been reading the lighter ones are the more headheavy ones, perhaps to compensate somewhat as iirc the swingweight stats over at at700.com should show. If anything a smaller grip should make it more headheavy, not more headlight [static bp] although the balance is probably compensated for inside the handle.

@R20190: the 3 generations are distinctively different from each other so don't expect a 3U gen III/current gen to be as close to your UK 2U gen I as you may hope ;). Also: have a brand new Z-Slash available but you're probably looking for a second handed?

#11 demolidor, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  12. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I'm playing with the 3rd gen Ti10 I believe...the one that has the purple limited edition...also...my shoulder tends to hurt after playing with this racket as I keep trying to hit hard but the racket is still not giving me enough power...

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I've just restrung my racket to 27lbs...and I'm happy to report I'm playing as well as before now...the racket is giving me more confidence...so it was the strings after all....someone didn't string my racket well enough

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    This is really interesting. I have a UK and SP version Gen 1, the SP feels slightly more head-lighter than the UK but it is still (IMO) headheavy, or at least towards the low end of being head heavy.

If we ever meet up, you can try some of my Ti10s 1st Gen 2U and see what you think. I would be very surprised if you still think it is even balanced or head light.

Also, grip size doesn't really make much difference to the balance of the racquet during play. It only makes a difference to the balance point of the racquet itself, not the "head heaviness" feel of the racquet when you use it.

15. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I just replied to CarbonexFan without reading your post.

This makes sense.

My Ti-10 UK 2U Gen-1 has the following code: UK 01069-3 which suggests it was made in 1999? I got my other Ti-10, SP Gen-1 2U around the same time but it felt head lighter (slightly). A few years later, I bought a third SP Gen-1 2U which felt the same as the first SP.

I have always said that if my Ti-10 Gen-1 2U could be made slightly more head lighter, it would be the perfect racquet for me. I just love the power I can generate with it. Of the different versions, which would you say is most even-balanced and which would you say is most head light?

Re: Z-Slash, I may be interested depending on price but if you're not in the UK, shipping costs/import tax would probably rule it out. PM me anyway if you're still looking to sell :)

16. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    put lead tape over ur ti10 head then ur problem solved.
    if not pm me so i can buy over ur ti10 stock...