User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told that "SP" stands for SOUTH PACIFIC distribution - heard that many times before BUT Yonex never confirms it despite my emails asking them about it ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the PHOENIX, Cab20 has 'resurrected" into my game ... got myself a new CAB20sp (3UG4) yesterday afternoon ... had it stringed to my usual BG66, 21X22, white Karakal Super PU grip etc ...

Played it last night and yup, felt JUST LIKE MY OLD ONE except for the "smell" (smells NEW !!) .... but it gives a warm fuzzy feeling as if it has "never left" ....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations maxout. You lost Love and then found it again. Not all are so lucky!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    felt JUST LIKE MY OLD ONE except for the "smell" (smells NEW !!) .... but it gives a warm fuzzy feeling as if it has "never left" ....
    Congrats! It's a good feeling isn't it? Now I have to smell my racquets when I get home - never thought that a racquet could have a smell before reading your post (not talking about the grip here - we know that icky grip's smell could fell an elephant).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raistian View Post
    Congrats! It's a good feeling isn't it? Now I have to smell my racquets when I get home - never thought that a racquet could have a smell before reading your post (not talking about the grip here - we know that icky grip's smell could fell an elephant).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Congratulations maxout. You lost Love and then found it again. Not all are so lucky!
    Thanks The shop got 2 left .... and the salesguy (my friend) told me they are not re-ordering anymore Carbonex after this last batch ...

The funny thing is I tested and tried nearly 20 odd "modern" Yonex, Li-Nings, Victor racquets (as in isometric head design with all the fullerene, nanopreme, titanium whatver ... ), over the last one week period, you name it and I probably have swung it. The shop also strings a variety of racquets for customers, so I get a chance to try a bit and hit a few shuttles as well ...

I get all sorts of "feedbacks" ranging from head light, head-heavy, too stiff, etc etc ... they just did not click with me despite my sincerest attempts to try and use a "NEW" racquet ...

Finally, I decided to try the Cab20 again ... and after a few swings, I "felt" like "I AM HOME" and "I AM WEARING MY OLD SHOES" kind of feeling ...

My friend (the salesguy) look at me and said, "You got that "stupid" contented look on your face .... and you are going to buy another "28-years old" racquet against my better advice on new techology and racquet design, aren't you ? "

I just smiled and pass him the credit card ....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can we have a picture?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Can we have a picture?
    ... Of the credit card? ;-)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front AND back

Perhaps we're talking about the same thing
    Forgot to ask what the cone code was on the Cab20 without SP? AS?
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-12-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we have a picture?
    More than happy to ...

Let me figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    ... Of the credit card? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Front AND back ....

Hahahhaa ... my "FINANCE MINISTER" (aka the wife) will kill me ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Front AND back
    Forgot to ask what the cone code was on the Cab20 without SP? AS?
    Yup!

Name:  P1000518.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  42.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the pixs of my new Cab20sp ... GREAT RACQUET , LOUSY HP camera, sorry for poor quality ....

Name:  20121013_071306.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  15.8 KBName:  20121013_071149.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  41.2 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ focussing on the cover - you don't play with the cover you know . If I recall correctly, the old cover's form-fitting & there's more silver than black. Been so long ago I don't really remember.

In any case, may the legend lives on (Yonex if you're reading this, please keep making Cab20 without changing any spec - colour's fine)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ focussing on the cover - you don't play with the cover you know . If I recall correctly, the old cover's form-fitting & there's more silver than black. Been so long ago I don't really remember.

In any case, may the legend lives on (Yonex if you're reading this, please keep making Cab20 without changing any spec - colour's fine)!
    Hahaha ... I did not notice that ... was too preoccupied trying to get everything into ONE PIX SHOT !!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you sure it plays like the original? I think the shaft is very slightly thinner. I swung one around (not hit shuttle). The feel is slightly different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure it plays like the original? I think the shaft is very slightly thinner. I swung one around (not hit shuttle). The feel is slightly different.
    I have only used the CAB20 (without SP) once about 20 odd years ago, when it first came out .. after the introduction of CAB20SP, it has always been the CAB20SP ... and yes, it does feel like the "old" CAB20SP ... but CAB20 ... too long already, cannot remember !! Getting old ...

But, what I do know, is that it feels GREAT !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheung,

I guess you are the only person who can make a CURRENT DIRECT COMPARISON as you have access to both the ORIGINAL Cab20 and can easily buy a Cab20SP (neon orange) (excuse provided for another racquet ) in HK ...

Having said that, in all honesty, I do expect some "difference" due to improvements in manufacturing processes and even the quality of graphite used (even if you used the same type of graphite grade) over the last 28 years !!

I will be surprised and shocked IF they are "IDENTICALLY" the same !! BUT will be VERY HAPPY !!
    Last edited by maxout; 11-06-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My comparison was with somebody else's racquet last week. I have to do another comparison

Blue marking Carbonex 20 SP is actually different. The early generation feels more solid. The ones available around year 2000 have a slightly different paint coating (visible under a good light) and feel a bit 'lighter'.

I need to get the current version for a better assessment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast