User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I need to get the current version for a better assessment.
    Please do and let us know

When I got my orange Cab20 (post #27) it felt "right" straight away. I have read about the neon orange version in this forum but never expected to find one in Melbourne.

It was gathering dust in the shop & I didn't see the model number (I have developed a habit of blind testing racquets). Felt like the one, went to the counter to choose a string (BG66 of course) then saw that it's a Cab20. Of course I asked if they have more (was going to buy the rest of the stock ) but they didn't & my wallet thanked me - the lady was a bit upset that I didn't go with her recommended racquet - a z-slash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comparison was with somebody else's racquet last week. I have to do another comparison

Blue marking Carbonex 20 SP is actually different. The early generation feels more solid. The ones available around year 2000 have a slightly different paint coating (visible under a good light) and feel a bit 'lighter'.

I need to get the current version for a better assessment.
    If possible, make sure you use the same type of string and tension, to eliminate "external" variables in your comparison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raistian View Post
    Please do and let us know

When I got my orange Cab20 (post #27) it felt "right" straight away. I have read about the neon orange version in this forum but never expected to find one in Melbourne.

The current version of Cab20sp available here is the neon-orange as well. I called Sunrise Malaysia (Official Yonex distributor) and they said it is the same as Cab20 (neon orange) in the catalogue and found elsewhere but for this region , only Cab20sp are "officially" distributed ...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    If possible, make sure you use the same type of string and tension, to eliminate "external" variables in your comparison
    Are you sure the orange one can take Nanogy98 at 28lbs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO IDEA !!

Well, my stringer dare not go beyond 24lbs MAX for Cab20sp ... which is 10% more that recommended tension by Yonex, he is not familiar with the Cab20sp ... mine is the FIRST ONE he has ever string in his career .... young chap !!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxout View Post
    NO IDEA !!

Well, my stringer dare not go beyond 24lbs MAX for Cab20sp ... which is 10% more that recommended tension by Yonex, he is not familiar with the Cab20sp ... mine is the FIRST ONE he has ever string in his career .... young chap !!
    I see...plan to change stringer ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    I see...plan to change stringer ?
    No, he is quite good and honest with me, difficult to find someone who takes pride in his work. He was the one who let me try out all the isometrics.

Furthermore, my usual tension is 21x22lbs, so no problem there. With an oval head like cab20, you do not need high tension to get similar impact and solid feel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my cabs survived BG66 @26x27lbs. I'm one of those that plays with high tension & have a stringer friend. Now that I have my own machine (the friend sort of semi retired), I've done 30x32 on my AT limited edition (twice), PPro & Cab21SP. The first Cab20 that breaks a string will be restrung at 30x32.

Please, please don't do this if you cannot lose the racquet. Mine are all out of warranty and I fully accept if the racquet breaks (will be my own fault).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, good. You will be one of the first to report above the recommended tension with the current carbonex 20. 30x32lbs is very high for BG66. If I could play more, and had the stringer living next to me, I would do this

For my racquets, stringers were quite reluctant to go to 28lbs. I took it to the specific expert stringing shops. I had to assure them they would bear no responsibility. I think they hadn't seen the really old cab20's for a number of years (I semi-retired for a few years because of injury). They reported the racquet frames bore the tension surprisingly well. Of course, I knew my racquets could do so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will be one of the first to report above the recommended tension with the current carbonex 20.
    I'm surprised to be the first at anything in BC All Cabs except the neon orange are 10+ years old & have been strung at at least 26x27 (so they've survived multiple stringing at high tension).

You're not alone, most stringers here in Melbourne are reluctant to go beyond 24lbs. I don't blame them as they're just being responsible. Mine's a friend & AFAIK he only goes over 26lbs for me - it's not something he normally does.

As for the high tension, I'm an ex club player, one of thousands that `didn't make it big`. We used sponsored equipments - BG66 & high tension was the standard - I think some sort of Cab @34lbs was the highest I had. I remember liking it but broke a string (& losing points) too often so coach dropped it to 32 & told the stringer that's the setup for me. This was way back in Jakarta, Indonesia (I've moved to Australia where badminton is a 2nd class sport & expensive ).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Something that came into my possession today.

Name:  6Q2A9739.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  72.9 KB

OK more accurately, three of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are SO LUCKY !!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll grab all 3 please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that came into my possession today.

Name:  6Q2A9739.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  72.9 KB

OK more accurately, three of them...
    how do u manage to, actually?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First I found them, then I begged for them and in the end, had to pay for them!

It brings my cab20 collection to 11. The purple one and SP version has gone to my daughter's bag so she can experience the classics whilst learning badminton. My children will probably be the last persons on earth to learn with these classics.
    Last edited by Cheung; 12-25-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I found them, then I begged for them and in the end, had to pay for them!

It brings my cab20 collection to 11. The purple one and SP version has gone to my daughter's bag so she can experience the classics whilst learning badminton. My children will probably be the last persons on earth to learn with these classics.
    Well, mine may not be using the "classics" (unless I can get my "grubby" hands on some !!) but definitely Cab20sp ... yesterday, my son used mine and he said he liked it better than his Nanospeed ... but he wanted a Cab21sp instead ... one figure better (21 instead of 20) than daddy (only if he does well in school and during his next birthday, I said ... )

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New versions of cab20 and 21 and still cheaper than top nano speed right? Hey, what about a racquet as a Christmas present?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast