Best Racket for Nylon Shuttles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by geekbits, Sep 27, 2012.

1. geekbits

geekbits Regular Member

Hi all !

I am an entry level / intermeidate player . We generally play badminton in outdoors. So thereby, we hardly use feathers as nylon shuttles are resistant to air than the feather shuttles. I am planning to buy a new racket. We will be playing shuttle in outdoors and using the nylon shuttle. Which racket will be good for nylon shuttles ? or Does choosing rackets doesn't matter with whatever shuttles we play ?

Being a beginner, Is Yonex Arcsaber Gamma good for Nylon shuttles ?

Thanks

2. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

We play with nylon shuttles too but indoors. I have seen people using all kind of rackets, and I don't think it matters much. The general idea is to have a lower string tension for nylon shuttles.

3. geekbits

geekbits Regular Member

Thanks for the reply.

Does it mean that all rackets suited irrespective of shuttle types ?

How to find that a particular racket has got lower string tension ?

4. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Yes, I think it doesn't matter, For e.g. we have people using Yonex Nanospeeds, Carbonex, Voltric, etc. 1 important thing to consider is the quality of nylon shuttles, we use Yonex Mavis 350 Green (slow).

Most manufacturer stringing tension (default) will be suitable for playing with nylon shuttles, for e.g. typically Yonex rackets will be strung at 20-22 lbs from the factory. You can feel the tension by pressing/moving the strings with your thumb. I mentioned string tension, as people tend to get rackets strung at higher tension when they send the racket for restringing.

5. geekbits

geekbits Regular Member

Thanks again for a very detailed and clear reply