Victor Brave Sword LYD 3U or 4U?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by steventent2, Sep 27, 2012.

1. steventent2

steventent2 New Member

Student
    I've been looking to buy this racket for a while now, but I can't decide whether to get a 4u or a 3u. I've read around and I understand that the brave sword series are already really quick for doubles play, so I was just wondering whether the 4u would still be able to give any power in my smashes. Thanks

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

For me the answer is no on the power front. I got shipped a 4U by mistake and while I found that my defending was invincible with the racquet, smashing from the rear court didn't generate anywhere near the power I'm used to.

Keep in mind though the big caveat here is that I usually play with a 3U AT900P or a 3U VT-80. So which racquet you are switching to the LYD from will be a big factor.

3. steventent2

steventent2 New Member

Student
    I used to play singles quite a bit. The last two rackets that I've had have been the AT900P, and then switched to the vtZF because that racket just felt great for me in singles. Both rackets are 3U, and lately I've been playing doubles a lot more. So basically whenever I play up front, I become pretty useless with either of these rackets.