Where do Badminton players go to die?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ruffle, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Ruffle

Ruffle Regular Member

Badminton, ie. retired. I think I once had somethi
    It happens to all of us who love this game. It will happen to you. Once you are past your first flush of youth, and again, once you are past your forties, and even if you get to be geriatric, the love of the game still pulls you.

You just can't play like you used to. Sure, the racket skills are (mostly) there, but badminton demands more. So, what do you do?

Do you just stop playing, and bask in the glory of days that have gone, or do you still play, and if so, where and how? Do you get angry when clearly lesser players can whop your ass? Can you avoid that? Is it worth trying?

Sorry to be so morose, but I'm 67 and I've just been beaten in singes by a 50-yearold whom I could have taken to the cleaners had I been 50. That hurts. What the hell do I do about this?

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    No one can turn back time. Maybe teach some kids the joy of badminton? So maybe you can pass on your skills.

3. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

You befriend with someone 33yo, teach him everything you know. Then you wait 17 years to avenge the now 67yo guy with your now 50yo friend. When he posts the same story on BC for comments......