User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carlton Kinesis, Babolat X Feel Power and Babolat Satelite 6.5 Power.

Hi all...
    This is my first post so go easy on me ok
    right now I have yonex z force (BG 80 Power, 27 pound) and nanospeed 9000 (BG 68 Ti). So now i would like to get a racket that is between those two. so now i'm choosing between these three : Carlton Kinesis, Babolat X Feel Power and Babolat Satelite 6.5 Power.
    yonex z force is good for smashing and I use it when I play single. I like using ns9000 for doubles because it gives me good control HOWEVER, it doesn't really generate a lot of power.
    so basically i have three questions and hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me:
    1) is there a difference between X Feel and Satelite version/model? which one is better?
    2) which one of these three would you choose?
    3) i'm open to any suggestions so if there is any rackets that you guys think that i should take a look at than pls let me know
    Thank you so much for you help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i only have experience with the Kinesis because i just got one. i can say that the Kinesis is a tiny bit head light, but because it's a tiny bit heavier than the nanospeed, i can still get decent power on smashes. to me it's very maneuverable because of the thin twisted frame. the handle is a bit larger than g4, maybe g3, but not sure. i am still using the factory string so i'll have to restring it with vs850 to be able to tell the characteristics of the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey....thanks for the reply ...right now, it is VERY likely that i will get this carlton racket.
    The twisted frame on carlton, i'm just wondering if that's just a gimmick or it actually help the maneuverability of the racket?
    Can you just take your racket for restringing anywhere? I have heard that there is a certain way to restringing carlton racket so i'm not sure if that's true or not.
    anyway, I hope that you will enjoy this racket even more after you get it restrung.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pat666 View Post
    hey....thanks for the reply ...right now, it is VERY likely that i will get this carlton racket.
    The twisted frame on carlton, i'm just wondering if that's just a gimmick or it actually help the maneuverability of the racket?
    Can you just take your racket for restringing anywhere? I have heard that there is a certain way to restringing carlton racket so i'm not sure if that's true or not.
    anyway, I hope that you will enjoy this racket even more after you get it restrung.
    well i haven't played enough on the Kinesis to actually feel a difference due to the twisted frame. also it still has the carlton string so it might feel different than the vs850 that i usually play with. but i can say that because the frame is much thinner than the rest of my other rackets, it moves quite well in doubles. it might have a bit more weight than a nano9900 or nanorays, but it not a slow racket at all. i also think it can be strung the traditional way just like any other racket.

the only racket that i will pay more attention and be a bit more careful in the beginning when i restring it is the Razor rackets since there are 4 crosses that loops outside the frame instead of thru the frame thru grommets. other than that, i don't see any differences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for all your advice...as you can probably tell, i'm in the process of learning about rackets and strings. there are just so many models, weight etc etc....it just drives me bananas. hehe i kinda miss those times when i was just enjoying playing badminton and don't have to worry about what kinda rackets or strings i use. I wish I could go back to that mindset but doing research on equipments just too addictive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well testing out rackets is always time consuming and whatever reviews is almost always subjective to the user. the best way is always demo rackets to feel for yourself. some don't have the luxury of trying every racket made in the world, then they, include myself, are subject to trial and error with our purchases. i have bought my fair share of not-suitable rackets