Double Hit not a 'FAULT"anymore??

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by cck1609, Sep 29, 2012.

1. cck1609

cck1609 Regular Member

I had a game with some friends last night. During one of the dbles games, one of my opponents strike a hit which was clearly a double hit. I told them it was a fault as the shuttle had clearly hit the racket twice before onto our court. but one of the guy claimed double hit is no longer a "fault" under the current rules. WTF?!!!!! i asked.

So is it true? can someone pl enlighten me. tks

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    These are the only rules I can find that may explain it. All under chapter 13 in regards to Faults. I quote these directly from here http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=364295&tid=1 and they were last approved at the BWF May 2012 AGM and June 1 2012 Council Meeting

13.3.7 is caught and held on the racket and then slung during the execution of a stroke;

13.3.8 is hit twice in succession by the same player. However, a shuttle hitting the head and the stringed area of the racket in one stroke shall not be a 'fault';

13.3.9 is hit by a player and the player's partner successively; or

13.3.10 touches a player's racket and does not travel towards the opponents' court;

But if you're saying he clearly hit the shuttle with two separate strokes then that guy is definitely giving you crap seeing as he thinks he knows the rules =/

3. cck1609

cck1609 Regular Member

Tks Ch1k0!!
    I think tat guy is correct!!
    What had happened was exactly as mentioned in 13.3.8. the shuttle hit the head and the stringed area of the racket in one stroke.... damn it! I was wrong!!

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It is a good rule change because many a disagreement arose from people's different perceptions of a double hit. But the 'carry' or 'sling' is still a fault -- a few folks think that rule was eliminated too. (I actually had to convince an opponent that my sling was indeed a fault and thus his point)

#4 Fidget, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Glad I could help you find your answer :) Learn something new everyday ;)