User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations for Malaysia and Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    player should know their priority.
    if they think cbsl is more important,then just participate in cbsl(or the coming ibl)
    no point complain about the international schedule.

its like,oh,i want to sleep on more hour,so the earth should stop rotate for 60 minutes
    What are you driving at? Are you sure you understand what's Li YB's or CBA's main concern? Even non-CHN players are complaining they are tired from playing too many tournaments, eg Lee CW, Saina. What about the risk of injury? This should be the number one concern, right? Ask Intanon whether she enjoys playing non-stop in the SS, GPGs and CBSL, and how it affects her form. What about Axiata Cup and the upcoming IBL affecting those other players as well.

The tight schedule and crowded calendar of events have recently led to several withdrawals from all nationalities. And consider the fines players have to pay even when they're injured. C'mon,talk sense, be constructive, and contribute good,positive ideas and spare a thought for the wellbeing of the professional players the world over.

Obviously and objectively speaking,what Li YB said isn't just applicable to CHN players. As if he doesn't know his priorities, for someone who has been on the job of Head Coach, a greatly successful one,for 20 years.

"its like,oh,i want to sleep on more hour,so the earth should stop rotate for 60 minutes" ???

3. Likes pcll99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I understand that Li YB has said the tournament calendar is overcrowded with too many SS events plus others such as TUC, Sudirman, National,Regional(Asian Games),Leagues(Axiata,CBSL). And next year China is holding their National Games, a multi-sport event where all the nation's athletes have to take part, a major occasion to them. I guess that's why they aren't too keen to hold two SS tourneys as on home soil, their top players will be obliged to play even though they can skip two of the seven SS but not any of the 5 PSS.

Anyway, I'm happy that Australia get to hold one. A good start to boost badminton Down Under.
    you are making it look like they did not become the superseries host because they are not interested in it.and your post looks too much irrelevant with what you pointed out..?
    What does holding 2 super series has to do with skipping 2 out of seven SS.

5. Likes limsy, badMania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that Li YB has said the tournament calendar is overcrowded with too many SS events plus others such as TUC, Sudirman, National,Regional(Asian Games),Leagues(Axiata,CBSL). And next year China is holding their National Games, a multi-sport event where all the nation's athletes have to take part, a major occasion to them. I guess that's why they aren't too keen to hold two SS tourneys as on home soil, their top players will be obliged to play even though they can skip two of the seven SS but not any of the 5 PSS.
    On the contrary, I think CHN is KEEN to host 2 SS events in order to show their dominance. However, other countries may not be that enthusiastic about coming to CHN several times a year.

Talking about Regional and National Games, ASEAN countries have the bi-annual SEA Games and countries like Malaysia and Indonesia have SUKMA and PON (held this year after the Olympics). These games are also considered to be MAJOR GAMES to the individual provinces or regions. That's why you see players like eligible players like Tontowi Ahmad, Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro participating in PON this year.
    Last edited by badMania; 12-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.

7. Likes rosid, limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you driving at? Are you sure you understand what's Li YB's or CBA's main concern? Even non-CHN players are complaining they are tired from playing too many tournaments, eg Lee CW, Saina. What about the risk of injury? This should be the number one concern, right? Ask Intanon whether she enjoys playing non-stop in the SS, GPGs and CBSL, and how it affects her form. What about Axiata Cup and the upcoming IBL affecting those other players as well.

The tight schedule and crowded calendar of events have recently led to several withdrawals from all nationalities. And consider the fines players have to pay even when they're injured. C'mon,talk sense, be constructive, and contribute good,positive ideas and spare a thought for the wellbeing of the professional players the world over.

Obviously and objectively speaking,what Li YB said isn't just applicable to CHN players. As if he doesn't know his priorities, for someone who has been on the job of Head Coach, a greatly successful one,for 20 years.
    mind to show me any article that lee chong wei said he is TIRED from playing too many tournament?thanks.

its a player choice to participate in other tournament than bwf tournament.
    why does bwf need to cut down the number of tournament to please those who play in non bwf tournament?
    will u ask ur boss to cut down ur work hours(maybe from 8 hours to 5 hours),so that u can do a 2nd job?

9. Likes rosid, badMania, nokh88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"its like,oh,i want to sleep on more hour,so the earth should stop rotate for 60 minutes" ???
    Because chief coaches or management from other countries will not complain about calendar being overcrowded and so on. They will just say the schedule is tight and adjust accordingly. Other countries also have their own regional games, league and local tournaments. The player or association just need to choose which is more important to them.

This is not 1st time LYB complain about BWF tournaments, the way he does it(time & again) implies that the BWF tournaments should be changed to suit the CBL or National Games schedule.

11. Likes rosid, nokh88, badMania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYB is a nut case. However, WBF should indeed make their schedule friendly to domestic competitions.

Badminton is not at the stage where a few super stars can create and support a massive global fan base. Badminton still needs to foster grass root interest, especially as a spectator sport. BWF should support local BA's efforts to increase the fan base.

While LYB does not want more WBF tournaments, there are many second tier cities in China where people want to stage international events to enhance their cities' profile and prestige. Losing China Master probably has more to do with Aussies putting up crazy prize money rather than the lack of interest from China.

Given how poorly attended China Master was, even from Chinese players, losing China Master is probably not a bad thing. China should stage a Grand Prix Gold event for the younger players, second tier national team players and other local players who did not get to the national team for one reason or another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    LYB is a nut case. However, WBF should indeed make their schedule friendly to domestic competitions.

Badminton is not at the stage where a few super stars can create and support a massive global fan base. Badminton still needs to foster grass root interest, especially as a spectator sport. BWF should support local BA's efforts to increase the fan base.

While LYB does not want more WBF tournaments, there are many second tier cities in China where people want to stage international events to enhance their cities' profile and prestige. Losing China Master probably has more to do with Aussies putting up crazy prize money rather than the lack of interest from China.

Given how poorly attended China Master was, even from Chinese players, losing China Master is probably not a bad thing. China should stage a Grand Prix Gold event for the younger players, second tier national team players and other local players who did not get to the national team for one reason or another.
    did tennis have domestic league too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did tennis have domestic league too?
    Can you read? I pointed out the difference between tennis and badminton already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you read? I pointed out the difference between tennis and badminton already.
    really?
    i cant read well. my english is poorer than yours. sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed! Lack of interest is definitely not an issue! Those provincial-level leaders and government officials would love to have any international-level badminton tourneys to be hosted in their cities. Look at Dongguan (hosted the Exhibition matches between the 4 Kings late last year), Qingdao (hosted the 2011 Sudirman Cup Finals), Liuzhou (hosted the SS Finals 2011), Shenzhen (will be hosting the SS Finals 2012), Guangzhou (will be hosting the WC 2013).

Imagine hosting the China Masters in Changzhou, which is in Jiangsu province and admittedly only a 2nd tier (prefecture-level) city in China. It is definitely inconvenient for foreign players to travel to Changzhou as they have to first go to one of the international hub and then transit to Changzhou.

But, surely, BWF would welcome China to host a GP/GPG level event to replace the China Masters and it will surely attract provincial level players in China to participate.

17. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina never played too many tournaments. She never complained of tiredness because of playing too many tournaments. I request you to give me some reference where you can point out her tiredness due to too many tournaments. She might have said because of injury or any other causes. Only if you participate too many tournaments, the question of tiredness due to playing of many tournaments arise !!! She missed Japan Open, China Masters, China Open etc. Only few players in the tournament can be taken as examples who participated so many tournaments.Like Ratchanok.But i think even she did not complain about anything. Your explaination seems like " chinese players need to take part in local games, hence BWF has to give space for the players who participate in all other BWF tournaments.. "
    Li Yongbo's statement is totally abnormal. What does he wanna imply by saying that Tournament calendar is jam packed. Is that what he mean like " why BWF has given chance to all other countries???" No other country's coaches would criticize BWF and referees other than Li Yongbo..

19. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Badminton is not at the stage where a few super stars can create and support a massive global fan base.'

basically,i dont agree with the statement above.
    majority of badminton fans(atleast in malaysia) cant even count more than 10 international men single player they known. while lcw,ld,peter and taufik is the major crowd puller.
    i believe only me in the stadium,malaysia open 2012 final,was cheering for tago.
    they dont even know who is tago,except as the one lcw won against in 2010 ae

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Badminton is not at the stage where a few super stars can create and support a massive global fan base.'

majority of badminton fans(atleast in malaysia) cant even count more than 10 international men single player they known. while lcw,ld,peter and taufik is the major crowd puller.
    i believe only me in the stadium,malaysia open 2012 final,was cheering for tago.
    You meant my statement??? .. I just replied to JustinL for his statement based on tiredness in playing too many tournaments by players like Lee and Saina.

I think Saina is also one of the crowd puller in Malaysia as it is a base to many indians. Even in India, they know Taufik and Lee chong wei very well than any other non-indian men singles players. They will chant Lee Chong Wei's name like anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe there were some JPN supporters other than you. . I already left KL in the morning that day.

23. Likes limsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Indeed! Lack of interest is definitely not an issue! Those provincial-level leaders and government officials would love to have any international-level badminton tourneys to be hosted in their cities. Look at Dongguan (hosted the Exhibition matches between the 4 Kings late last year), Qingdao (hosted the 2011 Sudirman Cup Finals), Liuzhou (hosted the SS Finals 2011), Shenzhen (will be hosting the SS Finals 2012), Guangzhou (will be hosting the WC 2013).

Imagine hosting the China Masters in Changzhou, which is in Jiangsu province and admittedly only a 2nd tier (prefecture-level) city in China. It is definitely inconvenient for foreign players to travel to Changzhou as they have to first go to one of the international hub and then transit to Changzhou.

But, surely, BWF would welcome China to host a GP/GPG level event to replace the China Masters and it will surely attract provincial level players in China to participate.
    hosting GP/GPG events in both Shanghai and Beijing would be the answers!! It would convenient for both domestic and international players/coaches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    You meant my statement??? .. I just replied to JustinL for his statement based on tiredness in playing too many tournaments by players like Lee and Saina.

I think Saina is also one of the crowd puller in Malaysia as it is a base to many indians. Even in India, they know Taufik and Lee chong wei very well than any other non-indian men singles players. They will chant Lee Chong Wei's name like anything.
    i talking about post 41#

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast