Voltric 80 or 70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Thomas E, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Thomas E

Thomas E Regular Member

Kitchen Designer
    Hey guys so I know this has been posted a million times but I've looked and looked but know one seems to have a similar style/background as me. So here i go ...I started with a Yonex Carbonex 8000 light, and LOVED it but i grew too good for it in a sense and wanted more so I tired the Black knight Photon XL or something and i found it was way to much work and i couldn't get it to work and i really think the right racket for you is something that requires little work to make you happy using it...So after 8 months I changed to the Arcsaber Z-slash and I thought I loved it but really i just loved it in comparison to the Black knight so recently i came to the conclusion i have to find a racket that i love and will life for a long time...This leads me to the topic at hand... I picked up my friends Voltric 70 and i didn't play with it but for the moments it was in my hand it felt like heaven it remind me of my Carbonex which to this day I love...now i raise they are quite different but it was that feel that made me look at voltric series and never holding the voltric 80 is it better for me? I play a lot of singles and rarely doubles and i love dropping and nice clears but if opportunity arises then i want to be able to deliver and GOOD smash... I didn't like the z-slash because it was to changeling to hit the shuttle every time. I'm using 24 lbs string tension and i will be stating with it.i also know that the voltric series is head heavy (the 80 more so) but i played tennis for years and I'm very quick at moving my racket do i don't think this will be an issue will it? Thanks guys!

2. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

same answer always applies:
    test them both!
    ;-)

3. KayakerSteve

KayakerSteve Regular Member

911 Dispatcher
    Try everything you can get your hands on. Don't just hold them, you have to hit with them. I am sure I am not the only person that went to a shop and "loved" a racquet, but once on court with it hated it. Either it vibrated, was to whippy, handle was the wrong shape . . .

Just last week I tried out friends' Li Ning Wood 90II, Yonex Z-Force (3U) and Yonex NS9900. Ended up buying a Z-Force Ltd (4U).

I just gave 2 racquets away to beginners, so I am down to just 10 frames in my bag but yesterday found myself playing with my 14 year old Iso Swing Power 500L. Once you find the right frame you are just about half way there. I string my own racquets so I can 'mess' with tension, gauge and string types, then of course there are wraps, over wraps etc. I like the positive feedback I get using just gauze tape over the stock wrap on a G4 handle.

Because I am playing with more than one set up I write the string type, gauge and tension on the butt cap.

So my advise would be try everything you can get your hands on.

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    My first racket purchase in a long time was the VT80. I loved that racket. It gave me what I wanted. Better power and smash. It lacked (rather I lacked) accuracy on some shots. And it was a bit slow for doubles (at least I found). Ending up selling them (I bought a few of them :p). Then bought the MX80. It was great for doubles. Decent power and great accuracy. Problem was I found it a bit too stiff for my liking. Ended up selling it to my friend. Got the N90II. Pretty good all-rounder but nothing spectacular. Bought the X-Feel Blast. Again...nothing special. Then got the VT-ZF (3U). Love the extra power and accuracy at the price of a slightly smaller head frame.

So what I have now is the VT-ZF for singles. The N90II is my backup singles racket (for when I'm too tired to wield the VT-ZF). And the X-Feel Blast for plastics. Still looking for a quick but powerful doubles racket. Hopefully that will be the MX-JJS. :D

So what it comes down to is personal feel. What works for me may not work for you. And the only way you're gonna know is to try.

5. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

CanucksDynasty... How is the ZF holding up? I found the shaft really soft after I unleash a perfect smash... So soft that when I do a push... The shaft flexes a bit....

6. CanucksDynasty

It's holding up great for me. Although it does tire me out after 2 straight games. I'm probably not at your level to notice the difference anyways.

There are times when after a smash where my opponent does a weak reply. I go to tap/push the shuttle (when I'm near the net) for the win (FTW). But instead of FTW...I go WTF?!? And the shuttle goes long and out. I always thought the racket head was too flat and needed to be more angled but maybe it's cuz it's soft???

In any case, it doesn't happen too often to bother me. I just now need to find the right strings. :)

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Oh I see... Give NBG99 JP a try... It's the perfect string for my N90 :)

8. CanucksDynasty

Got a packet already. Just waiting for the BG80P to break or lose it's tension first. I might just cut the strings to speed up the process. ;)

9. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I think you should :p

BG80P definitely has more power... But you can't match the precision of NBG99... And they don't break... I rarely use my BG80P N90... I always use my NBG99 strung one... And somehow the BG80P snapped first... My NBG99s feels dead and kind of loose now... But still playable :D