Ideas on laying out temporary badminton courts on a gym floor

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by demisheep, Oct 2, 2012.

1. demisheep

demisheep Regular Member

Hey I need some ideas. I don't have thousands of dollars to buy badminton court mats. I am going to start playing with a few people locally at a church gym and I was instructed that we'd have to use painters tape to lay out the courts every time we play and pick them up when we're done.

I started wondering if anyone had any genius ideas on other things that could be used that are still temporary like tape, but are faster to lay out. Any ideas?

Respectfully,
    DemiSheep

2. demisheep

demisheep Regular Member

Oh, and if there are any faster techniques for laying out the court using tape, I'd love to hear them!

3. steak_MSU

steak_MSU Regular Member

I played recently at a very small gym in Ohio where someone had kindly laid out a badminton court with masking tape.

Anyways, if you can't just leave the tape there, I'd say put some small marking on the gym floor to remind you where to lay the tape next time you're going to play. E.g. a small 'x' with sharpie or a small sticker. Just put those on the main 4 corners once you've measured it out, and wherever else you need them. Good luck

4. demisheep

demisheep Regular Member

Good idea, but I would probably get in big trouble if I marked the gym floor with a sharpie or a sticker. :)