WHICH IS BETTER: Factory strings OR Personally chosen string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by nanoray20, Oct 2, 2012.

1. nanoray20

nanoray20 Regular Member

Hello I was just wondering Which is BETTER Factory strings OR Personally chosen string PLZ comment below thanks :)

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Of course, PERSONALLY chosen string ... factory strings are "usually" the CHEAPEST CRAP that the manufacturer makes .... Furthermore, apart from string, you can also choose the tension to suit yourself.

Until now, I have yet to see a Yonex racquet FACTORY STRUNG with BG80 at 21x22 lbs off the shelf/rack ... :D

3. nanoray20

nanoray20 Regular Member

lol but one more question is NBG series for nano series rackets and if they are would it suit a intermediate player with a nanoray 20 at about 23 or 24lbs because the factory strings i'm using now is hard but when i smash it, it goes out about 10cm from the far back line :crying::confused::(

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

NBG strings are not necessarily meant for Nanoray/Nanospeed rackets ... it is just the "in thing" to be Nano-this, Nano-that, Nano-here and Nano-there ....

NBG strings are too expensive for me ... so cannot comment on them. My personal choices are standard BG66 and BG80 ... without "additives" (i.e. no added Power, no Ultimax, no Maxima, no Titanium added) :D

Most important is to "find" the strings and tension that suits you and then go with it until your game changes ... it is pretty personal, I went though a hell of a lot of combinations (and $$$) before settling down to Yonex "replusive" type of strings of BG66 and BG80 at 21x22 lbs

#4 maxout, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. nanoray20

nanoray20 Regular Member

Thanks anyway it's pretty cheap in nz here it's only about $35NZD with stringing

6. raistian

raistian Regular Member

You sir, are a shuttler after my own heart :D. Who needs nanothingies :p.

Factory string's so bad that most badminton shops (not generic sport shop) stock unstrung racquets. The price of the racquet often - in my case always - includes a string & overgrip of your choice (type & colour).

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have tried all the nanogy strings and to be honest, not impressed at all. if you want power, bg80, if you want control, bg66, if you want durability, bg65. i did a comparison between ngb99 and vs850 and they both held tension horribly without prestretch. the nbg99 is a bit thicker so i was able to generate a noticeable amount of power.