Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread: new clothing regulations?
10-05-2012, 05:45 AM #1
new clothing regulations?
rumour has it BWF will implement new clothing regulations on january 1th, new rules will cover letter height for last names, country names and adverts.
However, I can't find these new regulations, does anybody know anything?
10-05-2012, 06:42 AM #2
Think it is already in the rules, smaller country name height (5cm max, now 6cm iirc?) and smaller sponsor logo, bigger last name (or was it 10cm already? Probably, but way too big ). Already in use by some you may have noticed and not looking like an improvement visually .
- 22.2.4 The country name must be a height of 5 centimetres. (Effective 1st January, 2013)
- 23.2.2 Advertising contained in a band of uniform width not exceeding 10 centimetres on the front and not exceeding 5 centimetres on the back; such a band may be at any angle and may be on the front of the shirt, the back of the shirt, or both (On the back implementationfrom 1 Jan 2013 )
Last edited by demolidor; 10-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.
10-05-2012, 08:12 AM #3
I thought logos were always 20 square centimeters (which I think is ridiculously small, and nobody kept to that) but 23.2.2 is just outright self-contradictory, right? In that sentance they state:
1) A band smaller than 10cm on the front
2) a band smaller than 5cm on the back
3) such a band (5cm) maybe on the front and the back, or both
4) On the back implementation 2013 ?
Does this mean that from 2013 on the regulations is going to say:
1) Advertisements on the front may not be a band, but only logo's bot exceeding 20 square centimeters
2) advertisements on the back may be a band, max5cm high?
As for names, I think they now say 6-10cm high
Have you seen these new prints already? can you post a picture perhaps? (or a link?)
10-05-2012, 12:15 PM #4
20cm square is for additional sponsors, like the Bundeswehr logo's etc., besides those contained in a band.
I believe this is in accordance of the upcoming rules already:
And this probably as well: http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89425925_n.jpg
Last edited by demolidor; 10-05-2012 at 12:21 PM.
BaoQingWang liked this post
10-06-2012, 03:37 AM #5
that looks horrible if you ask me, compared to the normal sized logo's
But thanks, this might save me some trouble later on
10-08-2012, 02:35 AM #6
among umpire it is known as GCR 19 - 23 ( General Competition Regulations section 19 to 23 )
You could download the document from BWF website ,http://www.bwfbadminton.org/
In the main page, hover at the "Organisation" tab and click on the "Law & Regulations"
Document link is located there.
10-08-2012, 02:42 AM #7
Actually, it is not that small. Malaysian player are having "Astro" logo now complies with 20cm square. Yet still could be seen.
1. the advertisement in a band is on top of the others of each 20cm square, front and/or back from 1st Jan 2013.
2. Yes, may be a band maximum 5cm.
The one at the back is hardly seen. Front, is quite normal nowdays, like Markis Kido & Hendra are having front band. Malaysia players having Maybank, Taiwanese player having some local bank band.
10-08-2012, 02:43 AM #8
yes, the back complies with the rules from 1st jan 2012. not sure the front side.
sorry, i mean the picture above
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM #9
10-23-2012, 02:34 PM #10
Can you wear th enew country & small logo now ??
10-23-2012, 05:02 PM #11
The purpose of the change of course being more emphasis on the player. Looks odd up close but looked reasonably decent on tv; should still make actual use of bigger names allowance though (although I thought the old 8cm high already looked ginormous, can hardly imagine 10cm ; safe to say they didn't even use up 8cm on these new ones, so they'd better set a minimum player name height as well for it to be an effective change)