User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Help me choose my NEW racket!

Hi guys, my main racket was my dad's old carbonex 410 but unfortunately it broke. I've been using a very cheap MP5 that I bought from the local sportsdirect. After winning my first mini tournament at university, I decided to treat myself!

I play around 2-3 times a week for around 2 hours each time. We usually play doubles, but I enjoy singles more. I would say I am at an intermediate level.
    I am not sure what my style of play is... I wouldn't say it is aggressive but nor is it defensive. I prefer head heavy rackets. However, I do not know much about stiffness. The carbonex wasn't that stiff and I like that the MP5 is a little more stiff.

My budget is around 110 and i've been eyeing the Victor MX80. I've heard a lot about it but I am not sure what the difference is between it and the MX80N.

Would you guys mind recommending me more rackets please? Also do you think, it might be worth waiting till new rackets come out, as I think the prices of the older rackets would go down?

Thank you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you! Congratulations. The MX80 is a very stiff racket with an even balance, so it does fit the stiffer demand that you have, but it is not head-heavy, that you said you liked. You have lots of choices with the head-heavy and stiff. The MX80N seems to be more HH, so I think that's the best choice for you, of those two. Of Yonex lines, you may want to consider the Voltric line, and of Li-Ning, you could try the N90 or MegaPower series. Outside of the powerhouses, you could try FZ Forza Kevlar (which I am not too familiar with), which some of their sponsored players used.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like we like the similar type of rackets. I understand this is no longer in production, but if you can find a store that sells it, I suggest you consider the Victor SW35. It provides an abundance of power, but somehow it does it without sacrificing too much defense.

At one time, I owned both the SW35 and the MX80, but now only have the SW35. They are both powerful rackets, but I would give the defensive edge to the MX80. However, if you play singles I recommend the SW35 because racket speed doesn't come into play as often.

Lastly, I want to point out they are both great at providing precise feedback which I believe is important in helping players improve. Don't think you will regret getting either one.

Good luck on your search.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me choose my NEW racket

i see thanks I use N90 but should I buy new racket such as voltric z force 2 latest version or just play with my old racket? thanks