Karakal BN 60

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Guzzlerman, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Guzzlerman

Guzzlerman New Member

Hi all

I have just joined and thought I would add some comments about a new purchase of mine, 2 Karakl BN 60s.

I was looking initially at buying a couple more MTec 70s as I was running short on rackets and didn't have a matching pair any more, which I like to have just in case a racket or strings break during a match. But then I found that there was a new improved and lighter racket, the BN 60.

So I wanted to know more about it and couldn't find any reviews of it anywhere, apart from a couple of comments on here. So, now I have some in my hand I can give my own review for those that follow, I hope someone finds it useful.

First off, it is more expensive, when I first started looking I couldn't find any cheaper than £95 each. Then central sports had it for £90, but it is still expensive I feel. I managed to get 2 from a German company for 170 Euros (including delivery which was delivered in 5 days), which worked out just shy of £140 for the 2. £20 a racket cheaper than central sports where I have purchased most of my kit over the last few years. So yeh, shopping around was worth it.

Ok, for the racket itself, the finish is not great, there are better looking rackets for less money out there. But then again, I am more interested in the play and feel of the racket, rather than the look.

They do feel light and comparing them with the SL/MTec 70s shows this to be true - it is definitely lighter than the older models. So 60g may be a bit of a marketing tool as it will weigh more than that with the strings and handle etc, but it is still light.

The handle seems really thin. I always put an extra grip on my rackets but I think this may take 2.

I have had a few swipes in the house and it feels really nice in the hand. I have a match tonight so will give a fist outing in that and see how it goes.

I will post an update later on how it performed.

2. Guzzlerman

Guzzlerman New Member

Karakal BN60 Review

Well, I have now used the racket for a good few games, men's double and singles - so here are my impressions:

The grip is too small for me, I will need a second grip on there over the one that comes with it, but even with the too-thin grip, it was good to use.

I like the non-slip 'thump print' on the bevel, it adds to the control when using a short grip at the net...

The racket feels nice in the hand and very responsive as you can imagine. So fast exchanges are fun to play.

Big smashes do require a lot of effort, but I normally play a lot using the wrist to gain a steeper angle and generally a slower smash as a result (plus not being that good :) - I try to be accurate rather than hard hitting.

Drives are also good as it is easy to generate a high racket head speed.

The strings seem good for manufacturer fitted, but all of my previous Karakals have been good... not like some others that really need to be restrung straight away.

All in all, I think that they were worth the �70 I paid for them, but I would not be happy paying �90.

(if anyone in interested, we won the men's doubles match and I won the singles - not bad for a new racket that has a too-thin handle)

3. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Would you bee kind enough to post a video of you smashing with the BN60, I am really intrigued about its power potential?

Jag

4. TristanEddy

TristanEddy New Member

You must have the power to control the super good it[​IMG]

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    It cost that much?? I bought mine for USD$83. I've checked the serial number all etc and its a factory model (Not fake). And it came with Zymax 62/65/70.

6. wong1234

wong1234 New Member

Where did you get your BN-60 for USD$83? I would like to get one too. Thanks !!

7. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I got mine for SGD$105 including string, here in Singapore.

8. lescas

lescas New Member

engineer
    Hi atypical,can share where you get your bn60?try find at qw..no avail..tx

9. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    SS Sports, Queensway Shopping Centre.

10. LoneRanger

Student
    But cha'gotta email or call them bout maybe 4 days before you head down to pickit up jus fyi if ya'gonna get one.

11. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I think so. When I bought mine, I waited for about 2 working days. The last time I was therea couple of months back, I saw 2 pieces on display. Give them a call before hand better, I guess.

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

How is the durability of Karakal BN60? i plan to buy 2 pcs, will be strung NBG99 @28x30Lbs. Question is, would the racket survive such high tension and constant accidental clash with other amateur rackets and not end up like ArcFB crispy-frame?

13. LoneRanger

Student
    I've already ans your question in another thread

14. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

thanks. i saw that.