Arcsaber z slash from voltric 7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zwrokz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    i have owned an authentic yonex voltric 7 for a year now and i have been used to it, smashing power,drop and net shots but i am surprised how my smashes were returned.. (Before i had VT7 i had AT900P but it was heavy and didnt like much of it but my smashes were so strong and supercharged but i then sold it)
    and now i am thinking of changing into a new racket... and i am veering towards the ARC Z SLASH (yellow) what do you think?
    will it be a good upgrade from VT7??

(new in the forums)

2. geubes

geubes Regular Member

Hi, I have recently made the switch from a VT7 to the Z-slash. The VT7 was my first "Proper" racquet that I brought for playing at club level with feathers, I was previously playing with a cheap low-end Calton and since then I mainly just play doubles.

I found the VT7 very easy to play with but a bit slow for my technique at the net (I have only played this game now for a few years). So I wanted a slightly less head-heavy racquet with high head speed without it being head-light (to make up for my reactions). I demo'd a few racquets and finally decided on the Z-slash (it was an easy descision after going back to my VT7). Wow what an improvement! I found my net game has improved and I was expecting to loose a little smash power with the different balance but I have actually increased my smash power and accuracy with the Z-slash. The only downside is my previously loved VT7 just feels average at everything :(.

3. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Thank you geubes perhaps you can make a list of specs of the arcsaber z slash based on your experience
    how much would you rate power, control, etc etc. thanks alot!

4. MrAlexChiu

MrAlexChiu Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    i have a pair of zslashes the regular version and the TH version. They are my main racket of choice. Power and acurracy i give it a 10/10. For defense it would be like a 7/10. I have BG66 Ultimax strung on it at 24lb. At lower tension you get more accuracy and it feels better, but higher tension, it really gives me that loud pop when I do a jump smash. higher tension also prevent me to hit it out all the time since I have pretty hard shots.

I want to buy other rackets, but its not the same. tried VT80 and VT-ZF, yes its swings just as fast but it also put a lot of strain on my arm. For me, the z-slash is by far the best racket i've ever played with. That and 2ng gen ti-10, but i don't get the power i get from this racket.

Yes it takes time to get use to, but if you get use to it, you'll be hitting bombs!

5. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Thank you guys for such nice reviews i am hoping to get a Z slash by the end of the month thank you!

6. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    btw what strings are you using?

7. MrAlexChiu

MrAlexChiu Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    BG66 Ultimax at 24lb

8. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Hi All,
    Been using the Z-Slash since 2010. It's not a forgiving racket if you deviate slightly off the sweet spot area. Tension wise, you need to be aware that your usual tension would increase by another 1 to 2 lbs due to the smaller frame.

The racket generate faster swing speed and initial usage does cause a few miss hit. Once you're used to it and with spot on hits, the shuttle does get off the block rapidly.

The only drawback this racket I've experience and in my opinion is the fragile frame. Racket clashes with low string tension is fine - had a few chips - and may disintegrate at high tension. It is a great training racket for spot on contact and if used long enough does improve your contact accuracy with conventional frame rackets.